23 {} The Lost And The Found

I WANDERED AROUND THE GARDEN AIMLESSLY. After an hour searching for Laia in the lower decks of the castle, I headed for the gardens. By now, all my hope is lost. They took Laia, or killed her. I don't even know. I sat down on a nearby bench, and started to cry. Im not the type of person that cries a lot but I couldn't help it. I felt like vomiting and weeping at the same time. Laia is gone. Just even thinking about it made me want to throw up. But why Laia? Sweet, sweet Laia. The one who was always kind. Who was always helping others. Now she's gone. Like a faded memory. People will only remember her as a lost dream. I angrily wiped off my tears. I was so tired of crying. I took off my shoes and threw them away, leaving me bare foot. I stood up, feeling the wet grass between my toes. I breathed in the fresh air, and started to run. I usually run away from my problems so this was nothing new to me. I ran to the back of the gardens. I don't know where but I needed to get away. Where there would be no Princes, no guards and certainly no competition. Tears soon came back and I wiped them away. Soon I was running in a forest. Branches and thrones were scraping me on my arms and legs. Not to mention the pain coming from my feet. My white dress was getting muddy and torn, Crystal was going to kill me. And I didn't care. I felt so free. It felt like the Selection never happened and I was just running free, except for the pain my heart was aching. I stopped until I reached a fence. My eyes widened and I stopped dead in my tracks. Everyone thought the rumours were fake, a myth they would say. And now I come to this day to find out that the rumours are true. Since the palace is at the edge of Illea, people say that beyond the garden, there is a land, where they're are no poverty, no royals and no castes. The In between. There is a fence separating Illea and the mysterious land, and that anyone that would cross the fence, is in a safe heaven. I walked up to the fence and I placed my hand on it. By the looks of it, since the rumours are true, I would be prosecuted if I climbed the fence. So instead, I kneeled down, wishing I was over there instead of over here. I stayed there for hours. There was a small pond nearby that stretched on both sides and there were cherry blossom trees everywhere. As the sun was setting, I stood up and started to walk back. My stomach was grumbling yet I wasn't hungry. As I walked back, I passed the forest and realized there was a pathway. Since I was running I didn't notice it and I ran through the tree part. Suddenly I was back in the gardens. I made my way through bushes and flowers, and as I headed towards the entrance, I saw Andrew and Kriss. They were standing millimetres away from each other and he whispered " You're my dream " which if course made her blush. I though I was his dream. Looks like he says it to all the girls. The tears came back but thy didn't spill. It wasn't worth it. Im not going to care about this crap, I have more important things to worry about. So I walked in front of them, since they were blocking the entrance. I cleared my throat and Kriss pulled away " Excuse me, were trying to have a moment " Kriss said rudely and gasped as she saw me but I walked past her " Annabelle " Andrew began and I rolled my eyes " Save it. Its fine. I honestly don't have the time to mourn over you " I tell him and walk away. Everyone stared at me as I was walking back. I ran into Celeste in the hallway and she smirked " What happened to you? Did you get run over by a truck? " She asked me and I rolled my eyes " Not today Celeste " I told her and kept on walking. As I reached my room, I found Crystal, and Indigo cleaning and another girl was there too. " Who is this? " I say and close the door shut. " She is- " Crystal begins and gasps as she sees me. " What happened to you? " Indigo asked me and rushed to my side. " I looked for Laia, then took a walk in the gardens " I said and collapsed on my bed. " A walk in the gardens or a walk through a shredding machine? " Crystal exclaimed and I sighed. " Does it matter? " I say and this time Crystal sighed. " Anyways, who is this? " I ask them while pointing to the girl in the corner. " That's Autumn, your new maid " Indigo said quickly and shyly. My eyes widened in shock and anger " New maid? " I said through gritted teeth. And they all nodded they're heads slowly. " Listen up brat " I say to Autumn and she immediately freezes up. " You will never, ever, replace or be as good as Laia. Do you hear me? Never " I say and she looks like she is about to cry yet she still nods her head. I turn back and face Crystal and Indigo " You may all leave " I say and they all nodded they're heads quickly and sped out the doors. I sighed and laid back on my bed. I closed my eyes and started to cry as sleep took me in.