26 {} More Than What I Bargained For

“SORRY " Kriss mumbled before helping me back up.” It's fine “I told her while brushing invisible dust off my orange dress. As I looked up, I saw her eyeing me with a mixture of jealousy and adoration. “So, what's going on?” I asked her awkwardly as we walked down the hall together. " Please, don't act like you don't know “She said, her voice seething with anger. " I don't " I told her, coming to a halt. Did she know about the promise? Was she angry? “I know you went to the ball " She said and glared at me. I immediately sighed and she looked at me suspiciously " Oh, yeah... That " I mutter and she rolls her eyes. " I already told Queen Amberly " She said and I nodded. As we kept walking she looked at me confused and shocked " Aren't you worried? " She asked me tormentingly " No. Queen Amberly asked me to come because the Princesses and Princes were asking for me " I tell her and her face falls. " Oh " She says dryly. " Yeah " I say and she nods, lost in though. " Well I got to go " I say, settling on my lame excuse. " Of course " Kriss says and walks away. I mentally sigh. I immediately start to run to my room before I hear laughter. I turn around and peek at the hallway. I see Stephanie and Celeste with linked arms, laughing like they just heard something really funny " And then Trinity's like ' I don't really like him ' " Stephanie says and they start laughing again. " She's so ugly and stupid. I wish she would just die! " Stefanie continued and I suddenly became angry. I step out of the shadows and after about ten seconds, they finally notice me. " Well, well, well. If it isn't miss indecisive " Celeste said while smirking and then started to laugh again. Stefanie looked embarrassed, shocked and sad. " Lets go Celeste " She said nervously and before Celeste could object I opened my mouth " Yes please do leave. Who wants to be with an ugly seven anyways " I said angrily and stormed away. " Anna wait! " Stefanie said and I turned around, glaring at her. " I can explain " She began but I didn't let her finish " No need. I heard enough " I said and pushed past her " Anna, please " She begged and I stared at her. She is a traitor. A liar. I didn't need an explanation, any person who talked behind my best friends back is going to get it " Don't call me that, only my friends call me Anna " I said, my voice seething with anger. " Annabelle, please " She said again, this time tears were running down her face. " No " I simply said and walked away. As I entered my room I was ready to punch a pillow. How dare she? I rolled my eyes and entered my room. " You guys won't believe what just happ- " I began but stopped abruptly as I saw the familiar face. " Princess? " I said confused and the girls face turned to my direction " Annabelle, please call me Jemma " She said with her accent. " What are you doing here Jemma? " I asked her and blushed. " I needed to talk to you before before I.. left " She said and I tilted my head confused. " Leave for England " She said quickly and I nodded. " What did you want to talk about? Did I do something wrong? " I asked her and she shook her head " No, you actually did something good " she told me and I sat beside her on my bed. " What did I do? " I asked her a bit scared. " Well obviously, Harry is very smitten with you " She said and I blushed. " He wouldn't stop talking about you. The only reason that he doesn't want to leave is because of you " She explained and I blushed harder, if it were possible. " Oh " I said lamely. " And honestly, I'm very impressed with you. The way you carry yourself is very humble and sweet, a perfect Queen for England " She said and I stared at her. " Of course, Harry is the rightful heir to the throne. Im just the annoying little sister as Harry likes to call me " She said and I giggled. That's when I noticed the streak. " I love your hair " I adored, looking at her cinnamon coloured hair. " Thank you " she said running her hands through her hair. " There " I said, getting the little piece of hair that wasn't light brown, it was red. " I love this! " I told her, sectioning the red part out. It wasn't strawberry blond, it was a bright red. " Really? My parents don't like me dying my hair. They say its not very productive " She said and smiled at me. " Yes! It's so pretty! " I told her and she smiled wider. " Anyways, I wanted to give you this " She said pulling out a card. " This has my phone number, if they ever let you go, or if your simply done, or even if you just want to visit, call me " She said and I took the card. " I think me and Harry would like that " She finished and I smiled " Thank you Jemma " I told her an she hugged me back. When Jemma left I looked around my room. No sign of my maids. I walked out of my room, and started wandering the halls when I saw Jason. His arm was in a cast and he looked tired. His brown hair was ruffled, like someone went through it with their hands and his blue eyes were sad and stiff, unlike him. " Jason " I said almost instantly and he turned my way. I ran to him and hugged him. I haven't seen him since the attack. He hugged me back, with his good arm. " How are you? " I breathed, placing my head on the crook of his neck. " Good.. well, as good as you can get with a broken arm " He joked and I looked at his arm, worried. " Jason.. What happened? " I asked him and he looked up " you know, being a guard and all " He said scratching his head and I raised an eyebrow, he was hiding something, I know it. " Austria " A person called out and another guard ran up to Jason. " You're needed at post eight " He said and Jason nodded. " Duty calls Miss " He said bowing to me and walked off. " I'll see you later " I called out and he smiled and winked at me. I immediately smiled and walked back to my room.