Lord Obito

"Three kids, huh?" Minto asked as he poured a cup of tea for his son. Naruto smiled. "You didn't find them, I'm guessing."

"No," Naruto grumbled, stirring his cup slowly. "I looked everywhere."

Minato smiled. "Well, not everywhere," he teased, seating himself across the small table. Naruto frowned in a very child-like pout. "Oh, stop it." The frown on Naruto's face turned into a soft smile. "I'm sure they're fine, Naruto. We'll talk to Obito in the morning. How's Tai?" he asked, trying to keep his son's mind from wandering.

Naruto's frown returned, without the pout. "Still being bullied," he admitted. "I'll have to talk to Neji again about Ansho. Apparently she's been fighting Tai a lot."

"Maybe you should let Konohamaru handle it," Minato suggested.

Naruto shook his head and sipped the cup of tea. "I don't think so. Konohamaru is a great sensei, but I'd rather be the one to talk to Neji... Or Lady Hanabi."

"I wouldn't go to the Hyuuga Elders or the head branch about this... You know how they can get, especially with lower branch members."

"Yeah," Naruto grumbled. "Mind if I stay here tonight?"

"You know you don't have to ask," Minato said. "But why don't you go home? It's not late." Naruto sighed and turned away. Minato's gaze softened. "What happened?"

"Nothing," Naruto lied. Minato could always tell when his son was lying to him.

"You and Sakura get in an argument?"

"N-no! It's nothing like that!" Naruto quickly assured his father. "It's just... I don't know how to talk to her about what happened at that village. My students are still shaken up about it." He closed his eyes. "And it's also about those kids. That little girl... She called me dad."

Minato lifted an eyebrow. "Well, do you have any children I need to know about?" he asked. Naruto felt like throwing the cup of tea at his father's head. "Naruto-kun, something is wrong. If it's not Sakura, and it's not Tai, then what is it?"

"This is the fourth attack on a civilian village in the past six months," Naruto said quietly. "Obito-sama has my team investigating them all. This was the first one where there were no survivors except for one. We all thought this one would match this pattern, but it didn't. Whatever attacked this village... it wasn't human; at least I don't think it was. The attacks were animalistic."

"Jinchuuriki?" Minato suggested. Naruto shook his head.

"We know where all the Jinchuuriki are. No one has reported any of them missing. I spoke to Kabuto this morning. The girl still hasn't woken up, but she also isn't regaining any chakra. Hinata-san can't even find a signal on her anymore." Naruto clenched his fists. "And now I have to travel to the Mist village and talk to their Kage. Apparently they've been having a similar pattern."

"Oh... How long will you and your team be gone?" Minato asked, finally understanding. Even if his son wasn't Hokage, he was still one of Obito's advisors, having grown up around the position of Hokage his entire life. It was the obvious choice. The job was demanding, and was becoming increasingly more so as the world fell deeper into chaos. Naruto had, in recent years, been away from the village more than he had actually been in the village.

"A month, maybe more," Naruto grumbled. Minato's shoulders dropped.

"Maybe you can take Tai and Sakura with you, hm?"

Naruto smiled softly. "Probably not a good idea. Sakura has to stay here. She has classes to teach, and Tai's never been out of the village that long. Besides, he might not be so eager to be stuck with Ansho's cousin."