Of Angels and Demons

Zetsu watched Ansei go with a longsuffering sigh. It wasn't that he needed to breathe, but after living so long amongst humans, he picked up their mannerisms. Ansei was like a perpetual headache that wouldn't go away, not matter what. He had to babysit the boy constantly and attempt to put his mind at ease. It was a chore. His only solace was the thought of ripping Ansei's heart out of his chest right as he thought he had won.

A change in the air made Zetsu turn to the door. The bloodstained child walked to Zetsu and dropped to his knees, placing his head on the ground at Zetsu's feet. "Good evening, Kami-sama," the child whispered in the deepest respect. It went beyond that, though. The child worshiped Zetsu as a god and spoke to him with reverence.

"I have a mission for you, child," Zetsu said. The boy lifted his dead grey eyes and smiled wickedly. The boy was blind, but that meant nothing in this world. He was born blind and had always lived in the darkness. Zetsu would often smile at the divine perfection of the child's situation. He was born in darkness and lived there without ever seeing the light. If there was a true god, then he had a twisted sense of humor when it came to the creature before him

"Anything," he said.

Zetsu smiled. "The reincarnation of the other sibling has been located," he said. "I need you to bring me this person."

"Alive?" the boy asked hopefully.

"Unfortunately, yes," Zetsu answered. The boy's face fell. "I do only need a DNA sample, but it would be best if you bring them to me alive. But not entirely whole, if you so desire. A missing limb won't hurt my purpose."

"IT shall be done."

"But first, I have a gift for you, child." The boy stood excitedly and they moved through the base. Zetsu turned to the child beside him. His name was Akuryo; a dark spirit. Zetsu had found the child not long ago and while he needed Ansei, the Hyuuga was disposable once the Rinnegan was awakened. They stopped in a room. "In here." Zetsu opened the door. A man stood in the room. He narrowed his eyes.

"You brought a child?" he snapped.

"This is your gift. Do as you see fit, Akuryo." Zetsu stepped back. Akuryo was a better fit for this plan. Ansei wanted peace, but Akuryo had no wants or desires. His only desire was what people told him he wanted. The tanned child stepped towards his victim. There was a major difference between the two, and that was why Zetsu favored his little demon more than his little Hyuuga.

Akuryo stepped closer to the man. His eyes were dead and soulless black pits. A black and purple aura surrounded him. The man backed away, but was quickly engulfed in the black chakra. Akuryo laughed as the man screamed in pain as he began sweating blood. Akuryo grabbed the man's arm and his flesh began to die.

Zetsu watched with a grin on his face. While Ansei had a moral compass that prevented him from doing anything that would harm anyone senselessly, Akuryo had no such soul. He was a twisted, perverted creature that could only be described as death in a human form. He would get things done and would kill anyone or anything that got in the way of his god's plan.

**********************

"I'm going to murder him!" Sarada growled as she stared down at Boruto's empty bed.

"This is unfortunate," Mitsuki muttered, "but not entirely surprising. Boruto is a self-righteous fool."

Sarada clenched his fists. "He's such a moron sometimes!" she snapped, ignoring Mitsuki for the most part. The boy sighed and leaned against the wall. Boruto was indeed a fool, but not a moron.