Night

Two Months Later...

World I

Naruto was a wreck and it wasn't getting any better. They hadn't made any progress on the device or finding the one who created it. It had been months and still no one knew how it worked. You cannot seclude yourself like this, Kurama growled. Naruto was sitting on top of the Hokage monuments, staring down at the village. He could hardly function. Kakashi had taken over the positon of Hokage for the most part, leaving Naruto free to search for the creator of the artificial Sharingan, but any trail they found with the unnatural chakra quickly vanished, leaving them with nothing.

"I don't need your help," Naruto snapped to the fox aloud. "It's going to take more than this to break me. We'll find them."

He sounded confident, but he wasn't so sure anymore. They had no idea where there kids were and even though Boruto was a prodigy and Himawari was just as outstanding, they may not be able to handle themselves. They hadn't even left the village alone. Naruto buried his head in his hands. "I thought I'd find you up here," Hinata muttered. Naruto turned to her and smiled softly.

"Hey, Hinata," he muttered.

Hinata sat beside him and wrapped her arm around his shoulder, rubbing it slightly. "Hello, sweetie," she whispered. Naruto leaned his head on her shoulder and she placed her chin on his head with a sigh. "You okay, Naruto-kun?"

"Yeah, of course!" Naruto said with a forced smile. "We'll find them, I promise! In fact, I should probably get going! That craftsman isn't going to find himself!" Hinata grabbed his arm. Naruto turned to see that she was crying. He frowned. "I promise, Hinata, I will find them." He whispered. "And I'll kill whoever took them from us."

Hinata leaned on her husband as she tried to hold the tears in from coming faster. Naruto ran his fingers through her hair and closed his eyes. He hated this... Not knowing. He felt helpless and he couldn't stand it.

"Hokage-sama," Shikamaru said as he landed in front of them. "There's someone here to see you."

Naruto blinked and followed his advisor. They all knew that most visitors were to report to Kakashi, so he wasn't sure who would be calling on him at this time. In the office was a young man. He looked around nervously, trying to keep still, but failing.

Naruto walked up to the boy. He was young; probably around sixteen. "Well?" Naruto asked quietly. He didn't recognize the boy at all. "How can I help you?"

"Th-the metal Sharingan..."

Naruto's heart skipped a beat. "What about it?" he said, trying not to sound frantic.

"I... It's mine..."

World II

Boruto sat staring out at the garden of rocks as Ansei raked it silently. He had been living in the compound for a little less than the two months since the coup. At first they hadn't been so kind to him and his sister, but after realizing that Himawari was a valuable fighter, they decided that the two kids might be worth their time.

It was a little after four in the morning and the sun was just coming up. The black and white haired child had been raking since dark. Boruto had watched him since the boy started. The whole process was long and methodical and Ansei hadn't even begun weaving the intricate patterns with the rakes. The garden was a large rectangle with raised walkways surrounding it. Boruto wasn't the only one observing the curse Hyuuga. While it was meditating for the one raking, the sound of the rakes on the fine pebbles was hypnotic. The pebbles were white and the massive rocks that were used for training were black