Final Exams

Summary: Ashton thought that by bullying Luke, he would stop dragging Ashton into assisting his cheating habits. However, it took a turn so surprising, even Ashton did not see it coming.

◸ ⊹ ∗ ⌑ ╳ ⌑ ∗ ⊹ ◿

"Psst, Ashton!" he striked, then called again as I ignored him, "Yo, Irwin, I need some help. Question 3!"

I shot him a sharp stare and screamed "what the fuck" in my head. There was no stopping that idiot from cheating in his tests. Despite the irony that I was retaking my final year and was stuck with peers who were much younger than I was, I was extremely keen on graduating and doing well. Unlike a certain blonde in my class, who loved the five-minutes-of-fame that he had almost everywhere he went, so much so that I think he might intentionally flop his studies and retake a couple more school years just for the fun of being Mr. Hotstuff.

Everyone loved Luke Hemmings. He was tall, with broad shoulders and a slim figure in which he loved to be wrapped in tight-fitting clothes. I'll even admit it too that, yes, I used to like him myself. Back then, he was the perfect mixture of dorky and cute, with his mandatory quiff that he would never let anybody touch. He used talked to me when I still liked him. It was a pity that he started becoming cocky about his good looks after awhile, we could have been friends.

His whole identity seemed to flip upon itself and he was a total different person. Instead of the silly dork that he was, he became downright stupid. He used to be funny — at least he was to me — but the new him was filled with derogatory insults that made him look extremely dumb and insensitive, which was definitely not the Luke that I knew he was before. He was cute back then, but now, he was so particular about his clothing and fashion sense that I could see him wearing his materialistic heart upon his sleeves. Everyone would surround him everywhere, whispering his name followed by positive adjectives to exaggerately describe him. It was annoying my every last nerve because everyone loved the new Luke Hemmings and I didn't like him the slightest.

However, I would've been content with everything. I wouldn't care less about him and his minions if he had left me out of it. It seemed to me that he was starting to become greedy as well because he literally had most of the student population wrapped around his fingers (and not to mention, some teachers too) and yet he still had to bother me during every class. He just had to annoy the one person that's not the least bit interested in him while he hung onto the attention from everyone else.

"Hey, thanks for your generous help, bro," Luke gestured out a hand and I rolled my eyes as I continued to pack my bags for home.

I literally didn't need to countdown until someone makes the first move on Luke to ask him about his thoughts on the Mathematics test. It happened almost immediately when they noticed that Luke was done talking. I've never seen anyone so far up another person's ass quite like Luke's minions. Anyway, what was there to ask him about the test? He barely even did it himself. I'd be surprised if he managed to write his own name and the date on his answer sheet. He was Luke Hemmings after all.

On top of the Mathematics test, he also made me assist him in cheating on Monday's English test...

"Do I find the synonym or do I define the idiom? Is quoting song lyrics an act of plagiarism?"

As well as, Tuesday's Science test...

"How long does an embryo take to develop? Wait, what the hell is an embryo?"

Wednesday's Literature test, too...

"Is sonnet a song? How many stanzas (because he thought stanzas were stuntmen) does it take to cover the back-up of Shakespeare's plays?"