Candle Day

Hullo guys, I present to you another  fic. This fic will be updated on the 14th of every month. I was already late for three months so I'll try to post the other two as long as I finished writing them. This fic is inspired from my Valentine fic 'The Listening'. Since the year has twelve months, this fic has only twelve chapters (one year, to be exact.) I'll be updating this fic every month, on the 14th. So there you have it.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the Prince of Tennis and never will be.

Chapter 1: Candle Day (January)

Chapter Summary: He asked her on a date on her birthday.

Nice move Ryoma, great. You didn't know how to ask a girl out. Knowing that your senpais were 'willingly' liked to help you on doing so.

I grunted as I thought that about myself. I silently walked on my home after I 'successfully' asked her out on a date tomorrow. It would have been better if I came out with better words but I couldn't stop fathoming the words I used to ask her out.

Let's date.

Great! Just great! That wasn't asking, that was ordering! Now she was obliged to go out with me because I ordered her. Well, at least she said yes. That was the good thing about the asking facade, right? I just had to make this date memorable for her.

Tomorrow was also her birthday so I needed to do something... romantic.

I cringed. I wasn't the romantic type and she knew it. I had to do something that she would appreciate, that none of us would feel awkward while having the date.

I hated to go to my last resort but he was the last option I could think of. With that determination in my eyes, I quickened my pace so I could get home and asked him so that I could get over with it.

xxx

I knew that she would be late but I still waited for her in front of the station where I sent her a message to meet. She was never punctual. I was too but I didn't know who was worse between us not that I was complaining. I had been tapping my foot on the floor for a few minutes before I could hear footsteps running towards my direction. My head shot up and saw her. I smirked a little when I observed her for a while.

She was wearing a blue velvet winter coat. She has her dark blue knee-boots on that matched her shoulder bag. Her head was covered with a blue hat. Her twin tails were bouncing at each side of her head. Her cheeks were flushed and I could see that she prepared for this day.

"Osoi!" I said as long as she approached me.

"G-gomen, Ryoma-kun," She placed her hands on her knees as she looked at me, "I... I got lost." She abashedly admitted.

My smirk never left my lips, "Figured that long enough."

She pouted as she stood straight, "Mou, Ryoma-kun no baka!"

This girl was cute--okay, I admitted that. Got any problems?

Anyway, I realized that she was observing me. I believed I looked like a human in my clothes but her stare made me somewhat anxious. I might still be new to these things but I also wanted to impress the girl I was interested in. I looked at my own clothes. I was wearing a blue collared t-shirt and black pants. Well, not that she could see them, I was also wearing a dirty white coat. I had my rubber shoes.

Did I look weird in her eyes?

As if hearing my thoughts, she caught my attention and shared hers with me, "Y-you look great, today."