Chapter 1- Welcome home

The bright sun shone through the few white clouds you could see, you quickly shielded your eyes as you stepped on the creaky dock of melemele island. You smiled as you walked past the dancing greeters,

"Alola~" they sung as you nodded your head, fixing the strap of your bag on your shoulder. You contemplated letting dragonite out, but you soon decided to wait till you got closer to home.

The walk wasn't long, it was just the next route over. Your luggage was really the only thing slowing yourself down. You soon approached the home you grew up in, the one you made so many memories in. As it came more into view, you soaked up the beauty of it finally bursting into a full sprint. You skipped a few stairs as you dashed onto the porch. You slowly and carefully creaked the front door open as you stepped inside. You left your suitcase by the door as you screamed jumping onto the couch.

You were home!

You wriggled on the soft couch as you immediately felt tired but quickly grabbed the lone pokeball in your bag giving it a toss before your lovable dragonite cried in happiness. You sat up and began to pet his head as you smile looking around the almost empty space. You had a couch, TV, small kitchen area, and a few decorative plants.

We can never forget about those decorative plants.

You soon laid back on the couch as dragonite curled up next to you on the floor. You stared at the ceiling as you couldn't help but feel a wave of loneliness wave over yourself. Without your parents, your friends, you really had nothing. You suddenly felt guilty looking at dragonite. He was all you had, you just hope he's happy.

As a child, you grew up in Alola, that was until your parents suddenly up and moved to Kanto. You finally found out it was for a gym leader position offered to your father and it was something he couldn't just give up. For 6 years you continued Pokemon school and training with only your lone dratini, he was all you had and needed. He kept you sane as you could only think negatively. You only knew Alola and now you were somewhere completely different. You thought it was over.

That was, until you began to realize one day when you're older you'll be able to go back to Alola and find them.

Your friends.

The only thing to bring you out of your thoughts was a light knock on the door and finally by some scratching. A single bark could be heard from the other side of the door. You hurried up to get it and was surprised to see a little rockruff chasing it's own tail.

"Hey little buddy" you greeted it petting it's head as it moved closer panting.

"you're such a good boy" you said with a smile as dragonite continued to snore happily in the living room.

"I guess you could say that. He'll definitely be a good boy if he agrees not to run off when I'm looking away" a voice said as a pair of tan legs and white and green sneakers stepped in front of you.

You froze as you slowly looked up meeting eyes with a pair of mocha brown ones.

"Welcome home (Y/N) " you gasped in surprise as you basically tackled Kukui. You could even feel yourself tearing up. On your first day back Kukui's already here. You hugged him tightly as he chuckled as Rockruff barked running circles around you both.

"Kuki.." you breathed as he smiled tipping his hat.

"The one and only" he said as you smiled but it soon faltered.

"Wait.. Is he with you?" you asked as a look of concern crossed his face.

"Sadly, no. I doubt he even wants to look at me" He said with a sigh as you quickly pulled him inside.

"Sit, sit!" you ordered as he handed you a brown paper bag.

"I brought some Tapu Cocoa mix from the lab so we could have a drink and maybe catch up" He suggested as you nodded beginning to fix the drink.

Dragonite slowly awoke from his nap as he yawned actually quite loudly before giving a happy cry to Kukui who smiled petting him.

"Woo, boy you've gotten big. Someone's training you right " he said with a chuckle as Dragonite cried in response. You laughed handing him a cup as you sat next to him.

"Now,.. " you began taking a deep breath.

"Where's Guzma"

=====
This is the end of the first chapter, hope you enjoyed!