Chapter 12

I spun around and saw my sister Kristen standing behind me, a curious and suspicious expression crossing her face. 

"What?" I asked quickly in defense. 

"What do you mean by 'what'?" 

I hesitated, unsure of what to say. 

"I thought you were grounded," she said, crossing her arms. 

"Kristen, please. Cover me, please? I thought we were cool with eachother, we're sisters!" 

"I know, " she said simply. "Serena, I'm done." 

"Done with what?" 

"Covering and lying for your ass. I don't even see why I've been doing this for you. I'm sorry, but I'll have to tell mom," she said, turning around to the stairs. I quickly stopped her. 

"Kris, what happened? Just.. Just...I.." 

"I've been lying for too long. I don't know, it just makes me feel...I don't know, dirty I guess." 

I didn't say anything, and just stared down at my shoes. 

"Mom realized I was lying yesterday when I told her you were feeling sick. And she grounded me. I'm not gonna be involved in your stuff anymore." 

"Please, I'm begging you," I said. "You didn't see anything. It's my birthday, please?" 

I think that softened her up. 

"Happy birthday," she sighed. "Fine." 

"Thank you," I sighed, quickly hugging her. 

"Have fun," she tried to smile as I went outside. 

"Thanks." 

I got into Andy's car, pecking him on the lips as I buckled up. 

"Happy birthday, " he said, reaching into the backseat for something. 

"Thanks," I blushed. 

He pulled out a small blue decorative gift bag out of the backseat, and set it onto my lap. 

"I love you, here's a little present," he smiled, starting the car. 

"Aw, that's so sweet. You didn't have to," I smiled, starting to pull out the silver paper. 

"But I wanted to," he replied, leaning over to kiss my cheek. I swear, he's too perfect. 

I pulled out a small black velvet box, and glanced up at him. Jewelry? I opened it, revealing a beautiful silver heart-shaped locket. 

"Andy..." I gasped. "This...this is gorgeous! I love it, it's beautiful. Thank you," I smiled, leaning over to kiss him. 

"Aw, you're too cute. Your welcome." 

He put his arm around me and kissed my head. I took the necklace out, and put it on. I admired it as the silver glistened in the sunlight coming through the window. 

"Wow," I breathed. "It's...It's just beautiful, I love it. And I love you too," I said, giving him a cheesy grin. He laughed and took my hand. 

"You're so sweet," he giggled. It was then when I noticed he was already pulling into the hotel's parking lot. 

"That was fast.." I commented. 

"It was only like five blocks away." 

"Oh." 

He parked, and I followed him upstairs. He was awfully quiet right now, but his facial expression showed excitement. 

"What are you up to?" I asked slowly as we stopped in front of the room door. 

"Nothing," he shrugged his shoulders. 

"Nothing?" 

"Nothing.." 

"Okay then," I said, still eyeing him. He opened the door with the card, and swung it open. 

"SURPRISE!!" A bunch of people yelled when they saw me, jumping up to see me. My eyes lit up in excitement, and my heart skipped a beat. I realized those people were all of the members of Black Veil Brides! And a bunch of other people I didn't know.. 

"Oh my....GOD!!" I shouted, looking around. 

"Happy Birthday!!" Ash shouted. People started yelling and cheering, and started to form their own conversations as music in the background thumped and blared out. 

"Oh my god..." I said again. I almost felt tears coming to me again, but tried not to cry. Andy hugged me from behind, still laughing at my reaction. 

"Happy birthday?" He chuckled. I turned around and playfully hit him on the arm. Then I hugged him, giggling. 

"You...you threw me a surprise party??" I giggled, trying to cover my blushing face. CC came up to us, holding a glass of champagne. 

"Happy birthday!" He said, handing me the glass. 

"Thanks, but you know, I'm only seventeen," I laughed. 

"Oh come on, it's just one glass," he smiled. 

"Fine," I rolled my eyes, taking a sip. 

"Awesome," he laughed, walking away. 

"So... You like it?" Andy asked, starting to lead me into the back. 

"Are you kidding me? I LOVE it! Wow, no one's ever done this for me, ever. Thank you." 

"Aw no problem. Just don't get drunk," he laughed, eyeing my glass. 

"Okay," I sighed sadly. He chuckled and went to get some alcohol for himself. 

"I thought you didn't drink," I said. 

"I know, but I'm old enough, and anyways, it's a party." 

"No you're not.." I rolled my eyes and went to go dance.

I ended up spending the night there after the rest of the partiers went home.  

The next morning, I woke up to an empty hotel room all to myself. I looked around, but I was all alone. I got up to go to the living room and find everyone else. I cracked the door open and timidly peered out. 

I saw Andy and Jake sitting on the couches, talking. I took a deep breath and went to join them. 

"Morning," Andy said as I entered the room. 

"Hi guys." 

"Did you let your mom know you were staying here?" He asked suddenly, sitting up. 

"Oh shizz," my eyes widened. "I'll be right back." 

I went back into the room and dialed my sister's number. 

"Hello?" She asked politely. 

"Hey it's me." 

"Oh..." 

"What?" 

"Mom's been trying to get a hold of you all night." 

"Oh no." 

"Oh yes." 

"What did she say?" I asked slowly. 

"She's really mad. She said that she's probably going to enroll you into a boarding school. She was actually serious about that part. She doesn't want you with your boyfriend anymore, ever. You really need to come home now." 

"Look, if she can't except who I am..." I began, starting to tear up. "And if she tries to block me of all things that make me happy.... Then I can't come home." 

She didn't say anything for a minute. 

"Alright," she said finally. "I hope you had a fun birthday, and I'll miss you. Mom will too, I bet. Good luck," she finished, hanging up before I could say anything else. She sounded upset, but I tried to brush that off of my shoulder. What had I done? I threw my head into my hands, trying to take in what just happened. Was I really going to run away from home?