Chapter 21

Serena's POV

After filing a report at the police station, Andy led me to the chairs near the front desk. We silently sat together as I rested my head on his shoulder. He smelt like axe or something. The station was quiet, and all you could hear was a telephone ringing, distant voices having a conversation, and the sound of a door closing.

"Can we get a signature to finalize the document?" The woman at the front desk asked, holding up a pen.

"Sure I'll do it," Andy volunteered, standing up. She nodded and handed him the pen so he could sign.

I started to hear people gathering outside. Loud people.

I curiously poked my head around the corner to where the main entrance was, and saw a group of...paparazzi? I think so, they were all holding cameras, microphones, tape recorders, and a boom mic. When they spotted me, they started shouting through the doors pleading for me to answer some questions they were throwing at me. I quickly hid behind the wall and tried to casually walk back to Andy who looked at me weirdly.

"What happened?"

"Papparazzi supposedly here for us. Word spreads."

He nodded and slowly walked over to the corner and peeked behind it to catch a glimpse of all those people. He pulled back to me before anyone could hurl a single question at him.

"Interesting," Andy finally said. Suddenly a cop appeared from down the hall and reported a combination of police code numbers into his walkie talkie attatched to the side of his shirt. He quickened a walk over to the door to clear the increasingly number of curious individuals.

"Looks like that's the only way we could get outta here, babe," Andy said in a low voice. I sighed as we interlocked fingers with eachother and approached the doors. The papparazzi started yelling when they caught sight of us, suddenly snapping infinite photographs, causing bursts of blinding flashes. We covered our faces as a police stepped in front of us to usher us out safely. I latched onto Andy like my life depended on him right now as the doors opened. The yells were suddenly ear ringing. We pushed through the narrow path they created for us as more photographs were taken. After getting through the wild forest of people, they ran to follow us.

"Guys please stop," Andy commented as one guy pushed him when he was bumped into.

"Serena!" A woman shouted in the distance. I looked out and focused my eyes and made out a woman with brown hair, skinny...mom!

"Tha-that's my mom," I pointed out to Andy.

"Let's make a run for it," he whispered in my ear. We both suddenly darted forward toward my mom where she motioned to get in her car. She ran and got into the driver's seat when we got close.

A riot of people were not far behind as we skidded to a stop at the car. I swung the passenger car door open and Andy got into the back as we both climbed in. My mom quickly pulled out of the parking space and sped out onto the street, then making a left down the road to our house.

I saw a tear roll down her cheek as she pulled into the driveway. As soon as she put the car in park, she turned to me and took me into her arms as she cried.

"Honey...I'm so glad you're alive."

I didn't respond as she kissed my forehead and hugged me.

"I'm sorry mom," I said quietly.

"Don't be sorry, honey. I realize this was all my fault and I should be more understanding and considerate of your feelings from now on. Oh sweety. I'm glad you're okay. I love you sweety and I'm sorry if I hurt you."