Chaper I

Percy's POV

I looked below me to see everything I once loved. Camp-Half-Blood was right below me and I was leaving it behind. My eyes landed on my cabin to the stable than the big house. Soon my eyes finally landed on the beach. The place where I last saw them. Memories, so many bad memories came back to my mind as I rose far away from the place I once called home.

*********FLASHBACK*********

I've just come back from a quest and I was now looking for Annabeth. I checked Athena's cabin, the archery range, the lava wall, the infirmary, the beach, and the arena. I tried everywhere I could think of until it was getting dark. Just before heading into my cabin, I heard a scream. Two screams to be exact.

I sprinted across the camp and climbed over the hill to the direction of the screams. I was surprised to see a boy and a girl failing to fight off two cyclops and the Minotaur. The girl was easily overpowered and the Minotaur had her in a tight grasp. The boy, desperate, carelessly charged at the beast and also lost.

Thinking quickly I yelled, "Hey Beef Brain!"

Before the Minotaur could turn to face me, I uncapped Riptide and slashed at his right arm. He dropped the girl and twisted his head to look at his wound. One long strip of golden dust was pouring out of the monster.

The Minotaur yelled in frustration and charged at me. Knowing he would charge, I easily sidestepped his attack. While doing so I saw some children of Ares slice one Cyclops. A daughter of Apollo swiftly notched an arrow at the other and it also turned to dust.

Focusing on my opponent, I charged at him, leaping on to his back and sliced off his head. As soon as the blade cut through his head, he disintegrated into golden dust.

I turned my head to face the boy and girl and grinned. "Are you alright?" I asked.

"Yeah we are alright and thanks for helping us with killing those things."

"You're welcome."

From that day onward, the boy and the girl became my friends. We would joke around, talk, and challenged each other to duels.

The boy is named Michael and is a son of Zeus. On the other hand, the girl is named Stacy and is the daughter of Hades. The only thing they had in common was that they ran away from home and they are both 16 years old.

When they came to camp, I trained them as if I were the teacher. After 11 months they were almost as good as me. Since they were such good fighters, my training lessened and soon I wasn't training at all.

A few weeks later while on patrol, Michael and I were goofing off when a shadow appeared. I searched for who was casting it but saw that no one was. Michael went to check it out but the thing attacked. We tried defending but it failed. The shadow slowly slithered over to Michael's shadow and disappeared. I ignored the thought about the shadow but ever since that day Michael was never the same.

Soon, when Michael and I were would sparing, I would try to defend myself with the blade but it wouldn't work. Knowing that I was rusty I trained again but it seemed like I needed more protection. So one day I asked Hephaestus to make two bracelets. One for me and one for Annabeth. My bracelet would turn into a shield so I had protection and Annabeth's turned into any book she wanted because I literally find her reading a book every day. Needing to wait for 1 week, I just trained.

On the second day of waiting, I heard Michael saying that I cheated on Annabeth and that I killed Nico's sister, Bianca. (How does he know about Bianca?)

One by one everyone left me. Every single day, little by little a piece of my real self-got broken, never able to be repaired... Or so I thought.

On the day the bracelets were made, I quickly ran over to Athena's cabin and knocked. (I did Hephaestus because Percy did a quest for him in the beginning.

********30 Minutes Later********
30 minutes. That's how long it took Malcolm to opened the door. "What are you doing here, jerk."

I was about to answer when I realized what he just said. "Jerk?"
"You just broke up with Annabeth and you don't know why you're a jerk?" He yelled. Then he slammed the door in my face.
********15 Minutes Later********

You know when you see something you don't like and you start to tear up a little bit? Well, that is what I experienced expected I didn't tear up. I cried.

After Malcolm slammed the door on me I searched around camp for Annabeth. I was thinking where Annabeth might be when I heard some distant chanting. "KISS! KISS! KISS!" I followed the noise all the way to the beach where I saw a crowd circled around two people kissing. (Would go further into detail but this is supposed to be for children.)

At first, I took no notice of it what so ever. Then I glanced to see who the happy couple was and my heart shattered into millions of pieces. Tears were running down my cheeks as I slowly turned away. It was Annabeth and my "friend" Michael.
I sprinted to my cabin wiping away the tears.

Coming to the cabin, I saw Poseidon in front of it.

"Perseus, I am disappointed in you. You attempted to steal my Trident for yourself. I, Poseidon, hereby disowning Perseus Jackson." Poseidon yelled.

My body glowed purple and a blue orb came out of my body. All of a sudden my eyes turned purple, my tears turned golden and a force field was created around me which stopped the orb from going to Poseidon. The orb instead bounced on the force field and came back to me.

My eyes and tears changed back to their original colors except my eyes turned blue and not sea-green. Everyone around me started in shock even Poseidon. I glared at everyone and stormed off.

I ran all the ways to the lake and looked at my reflection. Instead of seeing me, I saw a different person with stress and sadness. It was like the person just yesterday was gone. He disappeared.

I then dove into the water and swam to the underwater cave I went to relax and train.

Five hours later I came back to the cabin and opened the door. Stacy for whatever reason was inside.

"Where are you doing," Stacy asked as I entered my cabin and started packing up. "I should be asking you the same question to you and I'm leaving"Stacy's eyes widen.

After that, she left and walked to the Hades cabin where I saw Nico welcome her in. I got up and closed the door and went back to what I was doing.

I swiftly got my watch, bracelet, riptide and my now stuffed backpacked and ran to my lake.

I slowly uncapped riptide and observed it. The blade has been through many adventures with me and I didn't want to leave it behind but it had too many horrible memories. I turned the sword and slammed the blade into the ground." Only let me or the chosen one pick you up. I, Perseus unclaimed riptide... May a better hero pick you up" I muttered.

I then kept on walking until I was knees deep in the water

I created a water bubble which slowly flew up in the sky with me inside.

Edited: May 8, 2018