Chapter 2

"Hey Kath! Long time, no see!" Race said as they walked into a living room of sorts. Once Race announced their arrival, all the boys within earshot ran to greet their guest. "Hiya Katherine." "How's it goin' Kath?" "What are ya doin' here?" She was getting a bit overwhelmed, but she answered all their questions nonetheless. "Hi boys! Everything is great. I came here to see you all and tell you something." Jack saw she had that suspicious gleam again as she, once the boys settled down, started to tell them her surprise. "Okay, well, next month I will be turning 17 and so I'll be having a birthday party. And you're all invited!" She ended in a high note.

The boys went ballistic. They started jumping on and off of furniture, hollering, and performing crazy stunts and flips. "Really Ace?" A voice suddenly pulled her from the madness. She turned to see Jack staring at her with shock on his face. "What? Can't a girl invite her friends to her own birthday party?" She smiled. Jack pulled her into a quick but loving kiss.

The door to the lodge house opened. The chaos stopped momentarily while everyone turned to see Davey and Les walk into the room. "Hey guys. What's going on?" Les inquired with a small smile on his face. "Well, I just told the boys that they're all invited to my 17th birthday party next month. That invitation includes you and Davey." Katherine replied with joy. Les' face lit up. "Really?! That's amazing! Thank you Katherine!" He shouted as he ran to hug Katherine. She knelt down and enveloped him in a warm, loving hug.

Davey and Jack stood next to each other, grinning wildly at the scene before them. "Like Les said, thank you Katherine." Davey chimed in as she stood back up. She was about to response when her eyes briefly glanced at the clock. Gracious! She was two hours late! Her father was going to be furious. "Oh my goodness! Jack, I'm very late. My father is not going to be happy. I'm sorry boys but I have to go. Goodbye!" She said as she grabbed Jack's hand and they raced down the streets till they found her house. Well, mansion.