Chapter 13

Once the trio had relaid their plan to Cecilia and Joey, Davey said that he had to go. Jack and the boys were expecting him at the Lodge House.

As he was about to march through the front door, Joey caught up with him. "Hey! Mind if I tag along? I've been wanting to see the fellas for a while and this is my first chance." Davey nodded. "Sure. I wouldn't mind the company." And the two began the trek to the Lodge House, chatting the whole time about various things.

Finally, they reached the entrance and strode through the door to be greeted by most of the Newsies, lounging and lying wherever they could.

The moment the duo stepped into the room, they all sprung to their feet and ran to their brother and former newsie. In the five years he was away, most people wouldn't have recognized him after his transformation from orphan to estate heir, but once a newsie, always a newsie.

While the others were talking with Joey and Davey, Race ran up to the rooftop and found Jack, just standing there, leaning against the railing of the fire escape and staring off into the distance.

Race quickly made his way over to the older boy and tapped his shoulder. Jack abruptly twirled his head around and faced him. "Hey Jack, Davey just got here and you'll never guess who with 'im." Race said grinning wildly.

A few names and faces, one in particular, flew through Jack's thoughts as he and Race descended down the stairs. His fellow newsies were crowded around the two newcomers.

Once they noticed Jack had gotten there, the sea of boys parted so he could see their visitors.

He stopped dead in his tracks and put a huge smile on his face at the sight of Joey. His brother. All the newsies were his brothers, but Joey was the first.

After regaining his composure, he ran and tackled his life long partner in crime. Joey's reaction was the same as Jack's.

Once their reunion ended, Jack suddenly remembered the events from earlier that day.

"Hey Joey," He called to him. The other newsies had dispersed and began doing random things, mostly playing keep away, as in 'keep the cigar away from Race', so it was just Jack, Joey, and Davey.

"Yeah Jack?"

"Why are you with Katherine?"

Davey and Joey exchanged quick looks and then proceeded to tell him about everything that happened that day. From Joey and Katherine's collision with Jack, to Joey telling Katherine his story, to the events at her house.

They concluded with Alice's idea for she and Joey to be messengers between Jack and Katherine.

Hearing that was music to Jack's ears. Now he had hope that this separation was not going to last.

(A.N. Sorry about the short chapter, but I had to end it somewhere. I may add another chapter tomorrow but I don't know yet. Till next time my fellow Fansies, keep Seizing the Day!)