Oscar and His Owner [Ch2, P1]

CHAPTER TWO: Oscar and his Owner

Thursday and Friday went past quickly. I didn't do much just sat at home by myself. I watched old movies and TV re-runs. Today started the same laying on the couch watching Saturday morning cartoons. Mum and Dad got up late this morning. Dad went straight to work on the garden and I didn't hear mum get up until she came into the lounge room.

"Jay, how are you sweetie?"

"Fine mum," I say distracted.

She kisses me on the forehead.

"Jay, could you take Bella for a walk? She and you both need to get out."

"Sure mum in a minute." I turn off the TV. I get changed out of my pyjamas and get Bella ready for a walk.

"Do you wanna go check out who moved into that house?" I say patting Bella on the head. "Come on then, Bell."

We walk past number '28' and then we stop at '30' I can't see anyone so Bella and I continue walking. I let Bella off her lead in the dog park and go and sit down on the Bench. It isn't long before Bella has a friend and I recognize the dog immediately it is the golden retriever from number '30'. The dog is let off its lead and I notice the owner. He is tall. He has sandy blonde scruffy hair, through his shirt I can see defined muscles. He is gorgeous, stop staring Jay and...oh my god he is coming over!

"It seems Oscar likes your dog," he says. I think he is getting hotter by the minute!

"Her name is Bella and yeah, I guess she likes Oscar back." Run away Jay! Stop talking while you can. Oh my god he is so hot!

"I'm Junior Patterson," he says quickly holding out his hand.

I shake hands with him "Um...Jay, I'm Jayleigh Whitmore."

We sit in silence for a while watching Bella and Oscar play.

"It is really good they are getting along. We're new in town."

"Really?" I say trying to look shocked, "I didn't think I had seen you before."

"Yeah, just moved into number '30' Charlotte Place."

"Awesome, Bella and I live at number '26'."

He is so, so, so cute!

"So we are basically neighbours" he say looking up and smiling at me. My eyes lock with his. Sparkling green orbs looking back at me.

"Yeah," I say managing a smile, "What school are you going to go to term starts back in two weeks."

"Um I think its called Rose...-"

"Rosewood State High," I interrupt and he nodded, "that's where I go. I'm in grade eleven."

"So am I," he says. Oh yeah he is in my grade! "My little brother is going to the primary school next door."

"You have a little brother?"

"Yep he is in grade five. Do you have any brothers or sisters?" he asks moving closer to me while looking out at Oscar.

"No it is just me, my parents and Bella" I say looking at him.

It is at this moment I realize I have never looked at a boy the way I'm looking at Junior. What can I expect though; three days ago the most popular girl in school was talking to me.

Suddenly Bella comes over to where Junior and I are sitting and puts her head in Junior's lap.

"Bella you are so rude." I say and Bella looks at me. The look on her face says 'Oh but Jay he has a cute dog plus, he's cute.'

"Oh it is ok, really Oscar does that all the time" Junior says patting Bella on the head. From out in the middle of the park Oscar barks and Junior says "Well I guess Oscar has had enough. Jayleigh do you... um do you want to come back to my place? I mean um so Bella and Oscar can keep playing"

Say yes! "Um yeah sure. You'd like that wouldn't you Bella" I say patting her and putting her lead back on.

"Great," Junior says standing up "Come here Oscar." he calls and whistles. Oscar runs over and Junior puts his lead on.

Junior and I walk back to his house. We leave Bella and Oscar to play in Junior's backyard while Junior makes us some sandwiches and I ring mum and tell her I won't be home for lunch.

"Junior..." a woman calls as she walks in to the kitchen, "Oh hello I'm Dianna, Junior's mum, and it is good to see Junior is making friends."

"Mum this is Jayleigh, she lives a few houses up." Junior says a red tinge covering his cheeks.

"Good to meet you Jayleigh. Junior I just wanted to tell I'm taking Thomas shopping. But there is a strange dog in the backyard playing with Oscar."

"Sorry, that is Bella she is mine." I say embarrassed.

"Oh well, I'm glad Oscar is making friends too." Mrs Patterson says and she turns to Junior "I might be a while darling" she kisses him on the forehead.

"Mum, stop it! Just go." Junior says blushing furiously he pushes her away.

A little boy walks into the kitchen he looks around ten years old and is like a mini version of Junior.

"Junior has a girlfriend," the boy chants. Great, now I'm blushing!

"Thomas!" Junior says he moves forward and punches him in the arm. Junior turns to look at me and I feel myself blush ... again.

"Come on Tom," Mrs Patterson says breaking the awkward silence, "we'll leave Junior and Jayleigh alone."

Mrs Patterson and Thomas walk out of the kitchen leaving Junior and I alone.

"I'm really sorry about Tom," Junior says as he brings our sandwiches to the table.

"It's ok. He's only a kid. I'm sure you were like that when you were little."

"Yeah I guess" Junior says smiling. I love his smile!

We eat our sandwiches and talk about music and books. It turns out Junior is a musician and a really great artist he shows me some of his paintings and sketches.

"These are really good. Did you get art lessons at your old school?"

"Yeah, I really love it."

"Where did you live?"

"Fitzroy," he says but I stare at him blankly, "Oh it is in Victoria."

...

After a few minutes later the phone rings interrupting our conversation, Junior answers it. The only part of the conversation I hear is "Sure thing, Mrs Whitmore. I'll tell Jay" before he hangs up.

"Jay, your mum say you have to be home by at least seven." 

I look at my watch '5.01PM'.

"Well do you ... want to do something or should ... I go?"

"No way," Junior says quickly, "I mean No um... we can just hang out."

And we did. Junior and I hung out until five to seven and then Junior walked me home. We organised to see a movie tomorrow. When I got home I got a phone call from Ellie. My mum was completely shocked and also quite happy; I'm getting phone calls and spending an afternoon with a boy. Ellie called to what I was doing tomorrow, she told me that Chad had stopped pressuring her and that everything was fine. Ellie wanted to get together so I invited her and Chad to come to the movies with Junior and I. The last four days have been crazy. I haven't been invisible and people have actually liked me. Tomorrow is going to be the first day that I, Jayleigh Whitmore am going to the movies with a guy, without that guy being my cousin or being paid. So right before I get my beauty sleep I have got to figure out what I am going to wear!

..........................

Please Vote and Comment :) 

Follow me JessicaMorel0

THANKS FOR READING!