Questions and Rumours [Ch11, P1]

Chapter 11: QUESTIONS AND RUMOURS

Tuesday came and so did rumours, which are flying around the grade.

Rumour One – There is going to be a cheerleading squad and Ellie and I are going to be Captains.

Rumour Two – Junior and I spent the whole weekend together.

Of course rumour two is true but just like a Chinese whisper by lunch the whole school thinks Junior and I are getting married.

Lunch is eventful... 'Rumour One' became a fact, as announced by Junior and it was then with the whole school watching that Stuart asked Ellie out.

"Ellie, will you go to the semi with me?"

Everyone is listening. The crowd fell completely silent.

"Um...ah Stuart what makes you think I'd say yes," Ellie asks completely calm.

Stuart remained silent.

"Stuart I love Chad and am already going to the semi with him." Ellie finishes and Chad runs up to her. The whole school seems completely shocked. Ok so in normal circumstances this is just a guys being dumped by a girl but these aren't normal circumstances. This is High School. In normal circumstances this would be embarrassing. But in high school dumped by the most popular girl in school in front of the whole school equals ridiculously embarrassing. For a guy that became popular so quickly he became unpopular just as quickly.

The whole school laughed at Stuart for weeks. Rumour Two is still floating around and Junior and I have spent the last two weekends together. This weekend however Ellie, Chad, Junior and I are going shopping for semi outfits. Ellie and I decided that for us the semi is going to like one big double date.

Ellie picks out a beautiful aqua dress with a low back and low front. Chad got a matching tie and couldn't stop saying he would have the prettiest date.

My dress, which Junior helps me pick out, is a blue strapless and I absolutely love it! Just like Chad, Junior got a matching tie and we walk out of the shop happy and ready for Tuesday night.

"Oh no Tuesday, Tuesday is the semi," I say as we cross the road.

"And your going to be beautiful" Junior finishes.

"We are going to have the hottest dates" Chad states.

"You know I can't help but feel a little sorry for Stuart" Ellie says as we reached the bus stop.

"Why?" Chad asks shocked.

"Well, we did get him into this" I answer.

"Yeah but he turned out to be a real jerk, Elle"

"Yeah," Junior agrees, "besides we found out now that Chad and Ellie are meant to be" Naw! How cute is he?

"Thanks Junior but we did use him. I can't help but feel bad even though he got a little scary..." Ellie trailed off mid sentence. The bus just pulls up and suddenly Stuart was standing right in front of us.

Thanks for reading!! Don't forget to vote and comment!