Chapter 8 | A Tinge of Jealousy

Another day went by the same routine. Luke dropped me off at the ballet studio and mom picked me up.

"Chazelle finalized the schedule by the way." I watched Brianna pick out an outfit for the party.

"What is it?" she asked. It was clear she had no interest because her mission was to find dress that went with my glasses. She didn't want me to dress with like a "nerdy slut."

"Well I have lessons on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. It's not that badly actually. I'll get to be free on the weekends." I ranted as I watched her throw dresses to the floor from my closet.

"This is it! Wear this" She exclaimed completely disregarding what I said as she picked out a black dress with small peach colored flowers on it. It was sleeveless and tight fitted from the top and the bottom opened up like a frilly skirt that ended mid thigh. I took the dress from her and shooed her out of my room.

I paired it with thin black leggings and ankle boots. I wore a choker on my neck. Since I was wearing my glasses I decided to go easy on my makeup. I pulled on my leather jacket and a black clutch whose chain I slipped on my shoulder.

The doorbell rang indicating our ride came. Mom wasn't home so Brianna locked the door and sat in Chris's car. Harry and Eliza sat on the back seat so I made my way over to Luke's Lamborghini. I honestly loved his car.

"I thought you were gonna go for a nerdy slut look but his isn't disappointing either." Bellamy turned around and smirked at me. It sounded ten times more disgusting by way he said it. I rolled my eyes at him nevertheless.

"I think you look beautiful Blake." Luke said as he looked at from the rear view mirror.

"Thank you Luke. It's nice to have a gentleman in the same car as a jerk." I said, giving Bellamy a knowing look.

As we walked into the party everyone started to walked around the house. Bellamy however stayed next to me.

We walked around the house and entered the living room which was more like a dance floor.

"Do you want a drink?" Bellamy shouted over the loud music.

"Yes please," I yelled back.

"Stay here." He said before pushing through the people wandering off.

Starboy by The Weeknd played and I could help but sway my hips and hands to the music. And of course I couldn't stay rooted to the same spot for too long. I made my way to the dance floor and I closed my eyes while I danced but I felt a hand around my torso forcing me to open my eyes. Ryan stood in front of me grinning.

"Hey Blake," he said still holding a grin.

"Hi Ryan, great party!" I yelled over the loud music while moving away from him.

"Wanna dance?" He asked as he stepped closer t me again.

"We already are." I faked a laugh and took another step back. I really didn't want to be rude to him.

"Here's your drink." Bellamy tapped my shoulder causing me to turn around. I gulped it down all at once and started to jump to the beat of the music. That went on for a really long time as I lost track of everything.

Before I knew it, I was dancing with Ryan. I lazily slowed down when I realized I needed to catch my breath. Ryan grabbed my hand however and brought me to a corner of the room. "You seem thirsty, want another drink?" I nodded my head even though I knew I should stop since I lost track of how many times Ryan slipped a drink in my head.

The DJ turned to a slower song and I pulled Ryan back to the dance floor. His hands were around my torso and one of my hands was on his shoulder while I held my drink in the other.