Chapter 36 | They're Coming After Me

"Morning beautiful."

I smiled and gently ribbed my eyes before opening them. I wasn't disappointed when I saw Bellamy lying next to me. Who would be?

"Morning handsome." I chuckled as I kissed him softly on the lips.

"I helped your mom make breakfast. I would join you but I have something to do." I smiled then frowned as he spoke. "By the way, I thought you were a heavy sleeper but seems like someone was messing around with me last night. You wouldn't happen to know a girl who pretended to be asleep just to get close to her hot boyfriend, now would you?"

I laughed at his cockiness.

"Damn, I wish I did. If I had a hot boyfriend I would probably do that too." I said.

"Babe, I'll show you how hot I am." He went on to take his shirt off but I stopped him at his jeans. I bit my lip as I ogled at his naked upper body.

"You be hot while I'll be sexy." I said in a teasing tone.

"Damn you Jane. Don't get my hopes up like that." He said. I laughed a little more.

"Your hope is always up when I'm around." I burst out laughing as he tackled me on my bed.

I frowned when he had to leave but at least he helped with breakfast. It got him a little on mom's good side.

"I strictly told him to leave after putting you to bed. You should be glad he left the door open, young lady. Looks like only Brianna will be grounded." I rolled my eyes at my mom. I thought she would've left by the time I brushed my teeth and showered.

"Mom, I know your rules apply while we live under your roof but you're over doing it." I said. She sighed and mumbled something to herself.

After finishing breakfast I went back to my room and sat on my bed.

"Leon Wright." I said out loud. "What do you want from me?"

My mind went back to last night and I hesitantly dialed Keith's phone number. I had to tell him.

"Are you home alone?" I asked as soon as he picked up.

"Hello to you too, princess." He said.

I sighed. "Answer the question Keith. Are you alone? I have to tell you something really important." I said.

"Uh, I am. Is everything okay?" he asked.

"I'll tell you when I come over. I'll be there in a while." I hung up on him and changed into a fresh pair of clothes.

A while turned into forty-five minutes as I had to sneak out of my house because mom was concerned about me leaving during a storm. I nearly died trying to climb out of my window and maneuver down the tree.

Then came walking in the snow and everything else that came with it. The front door opened just as I stepped in the porch.

"Why the hell weren't you answering your phone?" Keith looked upset but his expression turned into a concerned one when I walked past him into the house.

I was shivering and my teeth were clattering. I was thankful for the fireplace that was burning. I slowly removed all the unwanted layers of my clothes.

"Did you actually walk here? I could've drove you or someone else." He said as he handed me a cup of coffee.

"That didn't cross my mind." I mumbled and he frowned as he sat next to me.

"What sort of crazy are you? You could've died out there." He said in a stern tone.

I chuckled and took a sip of my coffee. I grimaced at the lack of sugar in it.