Chapter 44 | This Was It

Saturday night. He promised he'd be here in the morning but there was no sign of him. I was lying on my bed and waiting for Bellamy; hoping that when I see him, the bad feeling inside of me would go away. I needed reassurance.

But I got none.

As promised, I kept the window sill open and as Bellamy promised, he jumped inside in a swift move but his posture remained slouchy as he threw his duffle bag on the floor with a loud thump and walked towards me.

"Hey," He greeted me in a hoarse voice.

The dim lights around my bed didn't let me get a proper look at him and he buried his face in my lap as he laid on his stomach.

I forced a smile nevertheless and felt a lump forming in my throat.

Something's wrong. He barely talked to me for five minutes every other day this entire week and even when he did he would rush and leave me confused each time.

I moved my fingers into his hair, trying to run them through it soothingly.

"Hey," I managed to whisper. "Are you alright?"

He chuckled lightly at my question and I didn't know what response I wanted. For some reason I couldn't find the right words to say to him and the air around us was getting tense, making me uncomfortable and awkward.

"I am now." He replied. "I missed you."

"Then you shouldn't have left." I said with a tinge of anger.

Something was wrong and I didn't know who to blame. Myself? Him? No, definitely not him but who? My mind was spiraling with random thoughts and questions that may or may not be irrelevant in this situation.

Before he could react I spoke again, "I'm sorry. I just— I missed you." I ended up saying.

He shifted and turned his head towards the side. I traced the outline of his face, feeling the friction between our skin as my cold finger touched his warm face. He then took my hand in his and brought it to his lips, leaving a lingering kiss on both sides of it. A rush of energy flowed from the spot he kissed, all the way to my heart which made it beat fast.

"Don't be sorry. I had a shit week, hate me all you want for leaving you." He said while playing with my fingers.

Despite being worried about him, I smiled. I couldn't hate him, not ever.

"Too bad I'm going to love you." I said as I leaned downwards and kissed him on his cheek but I almost regretted it when my back slightly hurt, I really needed to stretch. And dance. And kiss my boyfriend on the lips. 

"You're adorable when you speak your thoughts out loud, you know." Bellamy said with a filmsy smile on his face as he shifted on his back.

I knew my cheeks were burning red and they were getting hotter as Bellamy stared at me as if he was in a daze. The grin on his face wasn't helping either. When I thought of leaning back and turning my head around it was like he almost read my mind because he grabbed my face instantly and kissed me.

The only problem was that he was purposely squishing my cheeks which made my lips stick out like a fish's. He leaned back and I noticed the mischievous glint in his dark brown eyes.

"I love you," He told me before he sat up on the bed. I was still a little shaken by the silly kiss but when I regained my senses I couldn't help but feel giddy. Bellamy had kicked his shoes off and rested one leg on my lap while the other was behind me and I was perfectly sitting between his legs.

I smiled at him and he wrapped his arms around me tightly. I leaned into his chest and he slowly swinged us.

"Something happened." I started.