Chapter 25 | Secrets

"So you're saying we break into the office, take my paper and full it up? Are you crazy? How could we possibly do that without getting caught?" I asked Bellamy bewildered.

He huffed out a breath and looked around the small closet we've been standing in for an hour now.

"I know the way around, we won't get caught if we do it when everyone leaves."

"Didn't they lock this place up so no one does exactly what you're suggesting? I asked him still not believing his idea.

"They do but there's another way around it. Are you willing to do this or not? I'm not forcing you, just remember that." Bellamy said.

I ran a hand threw my hair and rubbed the dried tear tracks on my face. He's basically asking me if I want to go to NYU or not.

"I'm in. When do we do it?" I asked him and a sly smirk appeared on his face. I rolled my eyes at his reaction.

"At six, when everyone's gone." He said and I nodded.

We bought lunch from the cafeteria and made our way to the basement. I thought we would act like spies, hiding behind corners but Bellamy strutted down the basement passage way like he owned the school.

By this time the students were gone and so did our friends. Just a few roamed the halls but the teachers were there.

We sat on the ground of a dirty old room where we ate our sandwiches.

"So what's the plan captain?" I asked Bellamy.

He took a sip of his juice and laughed.

"You can stop pretending like you're not scared." He said.

It was true. My heart was beating erratically and I was probably on the brink of crying but Bellamy didn't need to know that. He was so calm about it that he'd would definitely make fun of me.

"Whatever, are you going to tell me what we're going to do. I tend to screw up last minute plans easily." I told him.

"Well, we are going to go to Netherbutt's office through the vents. He leaves at six so that when we break in. He keeps the keys in the second drawer on the left side of his desk and that's how we open the cabinet where they keep all that exam shit." He explained.

"Okay...what about the vents, how do we find out way there?" I asked him.

"The map is in this sexy head of mine." He gave me a sloppy grin and I weakly nodded my head.

Should I do this? Should I really cheat?

I have to. It's my only choice.

"How do know all of this? Where Netherhead keeps his keys and the way around the school vents." I asked him trying to pass time since we still had a few hours to wait.

"I told you I've done this before." He answered. I nodded my considering it was the only thing I could get out of him.

We spent the next few hours walking around the basement. Bellamy "borrowed" a screw driver and a flashlight from the me mechanics supply room while I stood as a lookout.

"Lets get going now. It's almost time for him to leave." I agreed and followed Bellamy to one of the rooms. There was a large entrance to the vent there and Bellamy took no time in unscrewing it.

"Ladies first," he held his hand towards the vent. I turned the flashlight on and flash it I there. I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked at Bellamy who had an amused look on his face.

"Having second thoughts?" he asked and I immediately shook my head.

"No, I just need to know you won't get me in trouble or blackmail me later." I told him.