Chapter 51 | I'm A Little Insecure But You Can't Know That

I didn't know what time we woke up because somewhere between the drunken conversations the girls and I had last night, we decided to get our phones. It may have something to do with the horrible service we were getting. After eating grilled cheese burgers for breakfast, we went venturing into the woods. Brianna's main focus was getting all the good shots for her instagram and I rolled my eyes when Mandy placed herself in the picture too. I was too pissed at the world to even care. Instead, I tagged along Veronica in our hike up a hill.

"Jesus, I'm so glad I'm in college. I don't think I can put up with teenagers anymore." She mumbled as we went up a trail.

"It wouldn't be that bad if that psychopath wasn't here." I glanced back at Mandy who was closely following Bellamy. I forced myself to look away. "I'm telling, she's purposely getting close to Bellamy to make me jealous."

"And she's doing a perfect job." She said and gave me a look. I sighed and relaxed my face. My eyebrows had been scrunched together in anger since last night. "I know you're not going to like this but maybe she's doing the thing. Maybe you two should take a step back and stop being in each others face all the time. It's fucking annoying and you'll realize that soon enough."

I scoffed at her. "We're not always in each others face." She raised her brow at me and I felt the need to explain myself better. "It's just that there's a lot going on and I would've lost my mind if I didn't have Bellamy."

Veronica shrugged. "I don't care, I just tried to tell you that you're being an annoying obsessive girlfriend who also happens to be insecure and jealous of her boyfriend's ex."

I shoved her away from me. "You don't have to be such a bitch about it."

Veronica laughed, completely unphased by my outburst. "So you get to be a bitch and I don't?" She mocked a hurt look and I wouldn't help but throw my head back and laugh.

Keith jogged towards us and put his arm around each of ours waist. "Did I ever tell you how confusing the two of you are? I can't tell if you're friends or enemies."

"Frenemies, that's the only word that can describe us." I said.

Veronica stopped all of a sudden and turned around to face everyone else. Her searched roamed around until she found Derek. "Hey, you're keeping track of where we're going, right?" She asked him to which he froze for a good moment, causing everyone to freeze and wait for his reply. Derek slowly shook his head. "How can you expect me to not kill you after doing this?"

"Relax, I'm basically documenting our entire trip. We can easily find our way back from the videos and pictures I took." Brianna stopped Veronica in her tracks, which I was grateful for because I really wanted to go to the end of the trail we were inventing.

Veronica was still unsure, and frankly enough, I wasn't either. It was my sister after all. "Are you sure?"

"I always know what I'm doing." Brianna answered.

"That's a fact." Chris grinned and pulled her in for a kiss. As much as I adored them as a couple, it was hard not to gag at them.

Everyone took it as their cue to continue climbing uphill. My eyes subconsciously landed on Bellamy and Veronica's words came to my mind. Maybe she was right I thought and I turned around, ignoring the smile he gave me. I would be lying if I said I wasn't already avoiding him after what happened last night. I only took a few steps ahead when I felt a hand tug on mine.

"Bellamy, don't do that. I'll fall." I said as I shrugged him off but only him to hold it again and this time I actually did lose my balance as I fell right in his arms. Of course he would catch me.