Alpha

(Art is by cookcreation on Tumblr.)

Yuri Plisetsky. Everyone thought that he was bound to be an alpha. On first glance you might think omega, but after you'll think otherwise. It was his personality that done it really. He was strong, never showed the slightest bit of weakness. Nearly all omegas were presented as cute and adorable. Just like Yuuri Katsuki and Guang Hong Ji.

Yuri hated being called cute and adorable. He wasn't. He was going to prove to all of them one day that he's an alpha. His mother, father, and grandfather all expected him to be an alpha. It would bring honor to their family. (Yuri's parents dishonored the family in first place by getting pregnant before they were married.)

Yuri waited outside of his house for his best friend Otabek to pick him up for school. He took out his phone and just scrolled through Instagram, liking every picture that was of a cat or a kitten. He would never admit his love for the furry creatures, he had to keep his tough guy act. Otabek knew about his soft side though, he was the only one who knew. Yuri clicked the button on his phone making his screen go black before putting the device in his pocket. He had heard the rumble of Otabek's motorcycle. His bike wasn't extremely loud, but it was loud enough to notice.

Yuri's lips formed a smile when Otabek stopped so he could get on. Yuri put on the helmet Otabek got him last year for his birthday. He got on and wrapped his arms around Otabek. It wasn't a cold silence, it wasn't an awkward silence. It was the kind of silence that people would call golden.

Otabek had taken a shower that morning. Yuri could smell it. Otabek began to drive. This was Yuri's favorite part of the day, riding with Otabek. Everything about it was calming and relaxing and just nice.

It was a beautiful morning. The sun was shining bright, but there was a gentle breeze in the air so the temperature was just right. Yuri tightened his arms around Otabek. Yuri knew that something was bothering him. Otabek just seemed different the past couple of days. Yuri asked if everything was okay and Otabek shrugged it off. Yuri didn't want to press so he let it go.

He wondered what was bothering his friend. This was Otabek though, he would share when he was ready, and if he didn't want to he didn't. Yuri was so lost in thought that he didn't notice Otabek had parked the bike. Yuri took off his helmet and got off. Otabek did the same and just by looking at him Yuri could tell that he was different.

Yuri frowned at his friend. "Beka," he said calling the older boy by his nickname. "What's wrong? You've been acting weird recently. What is it?"

"Nothing," Otabek said in response. Yuri crossed his arms. "Beka. You're lying," he said. Otabek shook his head. "I'm not," he said.

Yuri glared at him. "Yeah and the sky is purple," he said sarcastically. "Tell me."

"The sky is purplish when the sun rises and sets," Otabek said simply. Yuri huffed. "I'm not talking to you until you tell me," the blonde said as he marched inside the school building leaving his friend behind.

Yuri and Otabek didn't have any morning classes together, but they did have lunch together. Lunch came around and Otabek wasn't used to his friend shutting him out at all. "Yuri, I found this video of a cat, have you seen it?" Otabek said in a gentle tone, trying to get his friend to say something. The short blonde just turned his head away from the older boy.

Otabek frowned. He knew that Yuri had probably already watched every cat video there was, but still. He let out a sigh. "Yuri... please?" The blonde glanced at him then quickly looked away again.

"Fine. I was just thinking about asking Mila to the Valentine's Day dance, alright? There. Now you know," Otabek said and looked down at the half eaten cafeteria food he had on his tray. Yuri looked at him. "Oh really?" He asked.