Intro

Misery seemed to follow me everywhere. From my childhood to my first day at college to the day I was struck by lightning. When I was six years old I witnessed both my parents murdered in my living room by a robber. My parents had told me to stay in my room but I was too curious, and that nearly cost me my life. I saw them murdered at gunpoint while I was standing on the stairs. He turned around and held the gun to my head, I don't know why but he didn't shoot me. He just took off. I ran to my parents thinking they were just asleep. I shook them but they didn't wake up. I remembered what they had said in case of an emergency, to get the phone and dial 911. A nice sounding lady picked up and she asked what was wrong. I told her that my mommy and daddy were asleep but weren't waking up. I heard her call for someone and then she told me people would be there soon to help me. When the police arrived they took their bodies away and asked me some questions. I was crying to much to answer, I couldn't figure out why they took away my parents, they were just sleeping.

I went to an orphanage but didn't stay there for long. I was adopted by one of the detectives who came to my house and lead the investigation on who murdered my parents. I moved in with the detective, his wife, and his son who is slightly older than me. They never caught the robber. After a few months of dead ends they gave up. That's what motivated me. From that day on I worked my best in school. I was always the top student in the class, I graduated early, and I went to college to be a CSI. Now I work at the police department and help solve crimes.