Pizza & Soda

I laughed as the wind rushed past me and blew my hair back. In no time I stopped in front of Jazzy's and went in to get the pizza. As I waited on line I thought about what to get.

"Hello, I'll take two plain pizzas, two pepperoni, one margherita, and a liter of cola."

"Okay, do you want to get one more? We have a buy one get one free deal going on right now."

"Sure, I'll take a BBQ chicken."

"Okay that will be $32.54 with tax."

"Here you go," I said taking out my money and handing it to him.

"Your pizzas will be out in a few minutes," he grabbed a bottle of soda and handed it to me.

I sat at one of the tables waiting for the pizzas. As soon as they called my name I grabbed the pizzas and ran back to Solar Labs.

"Five minutes and thirty seconds," Jackson said amazed.

"Yeah, I'm sorry it took so long. I had to wait on line for the pizzas and they had to make them and you know that took about five minutes in itself."

"Sorry?! It would take me a good 30 to 40 minutes to drive there with light traffic! You did it in five and a half minutes!" Exclaimed Aspen.

"Well lets dig in, I'm hungry after all that running!"

Everyone grabbed a slice or two to start out with. I, well... might have grabbed a pizza or two. As I ate them everyone just stared at me.

"That much running makes me super hungry!"

"She needs to get back the calories she burned from running," Jake explained.

"Of course!" Said Aspen.

"So I was wondering, what exactly happened to me that night? This is obviously the result of me being struck by lightning. But how and why?"

"Well we could run some tests to find out exactly what happened. But Aspen and I have had a theory as to why ever since you woke up and we ran some tests to test our theory..."

"And they came back positive," Aspen finished.

"What kind of tests?" Asked Jake.

"We hoped we were wrong but now you prove it even more. That night here at Solar Labs we were conducting a very dangerous experiment. As you know it went wrong and took the lives of some of our colleagues. The explosion released dangerous materials into the atmosphere around the city. We don't know who or how many people were exposed to it. The storm cloud must have formed from some of the matter. The lighting that came from that cloud hit you while it was fused with the matter."

"So you're saying whatever was released that night caused this to happen to me?"

They both nodded their heads.

"Why would you risk people getting hurt? Or what happened to June? You know how many people you hurt that night?"

"Yes we do," Jackson said.

"Jake it's ok," I said, "They can help us now. They can make up for it. Can't they?"

"Yes, we can. And why don't we start with running some tests, okay?"

"See Jake, they're going to help figure this out."

"Okay, but I'm staying with you."

"Wouldn't want you to be anywhere else. Nine months without you was enough," I said hugging him. We went into another lab and they began running some different tests. You know blood tests, taking my vitals, etc. We analyzed everything and figured out everything that happened that night out.

"Thank you so much!" I said as we left Solar Labs.

"No problem, you're welcome anytime Speedy," Jackson had begun calling me Speedy while we were doing the tests. I hoped it wasn't going to stick. Jake and I chatted on the way home and stopped for some burgers.

"Goodnight Jake," I said standing by my door.

"Goodnight... Speedy," he said grinning. I just rolled my eyes. We went into our rooms and got ready for bed. I guess it was going to stick.