Discovering

"How are you not exhausted?" Jake asked amazed as we were getting into the car. We had been testing my abilities for the past half hour seeing what I could do and how fast I could actually run. I had gotten my time down to three seconds and had only stopped for a water-break once.

"I don't know, it must be because of whatever caused this. I'm starving, can we stop for some Backyard Burgers on the way home?"

"Sure, I'm a little hungry too," we drove away from the track and in no time pulled up to Backyard Burgers.

"Hi, can I have three triple patty burgers with lettuce and tomato and two extra jumbo fries and an extra large strawberry milkshake," Jake and the cashier just looked at me like I was crazy but still took the order.

"I'll have a single patty burger with lettuce and tomato with a small fries and small strawberry milkshake," Jake paid and when our food came out we sat down at a booth by the window. I practically inhaled all my food and was just finishing a few fries and my milkshake when Jake had only taken two bites of his burger.

"What the heck June?!" He whispered yelled and looked around to make sure nobody had noticed.

"I was hungry!"

"I thought you were just gonna get a burger, not three! I don't even remember you eating this much when you were going through growth spurts when we were teenagers!"

"I don't know why, but after all that running I was starving."

"It must have to do with how many calories you burned while running, your body needs more to function."

"Maybe we should be talk with Aspen and Jackson from Solar Labs! They would know exactly what happened to me!"

"I don't know if that's a good idea June. We don't know if they can keep a secret. How would they even react? I don't want you to end up like a science experiment."

"Relax Jake, if I see it starting to go sideways I'll just speed us out of there."

"Okay," he said hesitantly.

"We should head back home, mom and dad will be worried," I said checking my watch. We drove home and had some ice cream before we went to bed.

"Goodnight June."

"Goodnight Jake."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to my alarm clock beeping like I always did. I got out of bed and showered to get ready for the day. As I opened my closet I groaned, what was I going to wear? I opted on a army green loose tee and black jeans. I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I shouted from my bathroom as I was finishing my mascara. I walked out to Jake sitting on my bed.

"Are you sure you're ready to go back to work?"

"Yeah, Jake I'll be fine."

"I'm just worried you're jumping back into things to fast," as soon as he said 'fast' I zipped around my room grabbing my jacket and my keys. I stood at the door giving him an exasperated look as if he was taking forever.

"Geez June! You have to be careful, you don't want mom and dad to hear and get suspicious."

"C'mon let's go, I'll drive," I said smiling.

"No you're not," he said walking over to me. He snatched my keys out of my hands and dangled them above my head.

"Hey!" I shouted jumping to try to get them. I wasn't the tallest person and Jake always used his height against me.

"Guess you weren't fast enough. I'm not letting you drive the day after you woke up from a coma," I gave him a pouty face and my puppy dog eyes, "Not going to work. I'll drive you for the next few days and pick you up around 6:00. Okay?"

"Fine," I gave up on trying to convince him, he wasn't budging.

"We'll stop by Solar Labs on the way home."

"Okay."

After Jake dropped me off at the police station it was a normal day, you know processing evidence in my lab for a murder and sending the bad guy to jail. Normal day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Knock knock," I heard from the door to my lab. I turned around and Jake was leaning against the wall.

"Just a sec," I said and put the last thing I was working on away,"I'm ready to go."

We said goodbye to my dad and headed to Solar Labs.

"So what if I were to be having side effects from being struck by lightning?" I proposed hesitantly.

"What kind of side effects?" Questioned Aspen.

"Like the kind where you can run faster than light," I blurted out.

"W-what. Hold on a second, you're telling me that you have super speed?" Jackson said looking shocked.

"Mhm."

"Gotta show us! This is gonna be sick!"

"Okay, um, how about some pizza from Jazzy's?"

"The closest Jazzy's is over 40 miles away," Aspen said, still not quite believing me.

"Don't question her Aspen. Anytime I can get pizza from Jazzy's I take it," Jackson said, "You ready June?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. Get ready. Get set. Go!"

A/N: Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Here's the Backyard Burgers logo. Sorry if it's bad it's just a rough draft. Also tell me if you want me to keep giving you visuals like outfits and logos. I personally am a very visual person so I enjoy when they are included

 I personally am a very visual person so I enjoy when they are included