Chapter Three

"Congratulations, Queen Elsa," every person she passed would say.

"Thank you very much. I appreciate your attendance." Elsa would respond the same way to everyone.

Hardly any of the smiles she received seemed genuine.

But still she would return them.

Finally, she took her spot at the front of the ball room, watching all the happy people.

She wished she could be that happy.

They didn't have a care in the world, while her anxiety was eating her alive.

She made sure to keep an eye on everything that was happening; if something were to surprise her, she wouldn't be able to conceal her powers.

Again she felt that comforting feeling around her.

Jack watched Elsa observe the room.

He too took in all the happy people, dancing and smiling with glee.

He wished he could dance, but alas, one needs a partner to dance.

That is something Jack Frost didn't have.

Earlier that night he had seen Anna and Elsa exchange a few words, and a few smiles.

That must be good, he thought.

He stood with Elsa and silently watched the crowds.

He should be bored, he thought, someone as interested in fun as he is not usually able to sit this still for this long.

But there was something about Elsa's presence that had kept him right at his post.

He didn't want to leave her.

Through the window nearest them, Jack could see the Moon had come out.

It had been a long time since he'd spoken to the Moon...

He decided just to fly to the window.

Maybe the Moon would talk to him now that he'd been helping Elsa.

That was what he was meant to do, right?

Gingerly he pulled away from Elsa to go to the window.

Elsa's anxiety seemed to grow suddenly.

Why, she didn't know.

She felt a brief change in the air, like movement.

She shook her head as if to clear it.

The room was full of people, of course there was movement.

She was just being paranoid.

"So, Moon, buddy. How've you been? ...nice. I've, uh, been helping out Elsa here, she's the Queen, and she's got these crazy powers. They're just like mine. You wouldn't have happened to have had a hand in that, would you? ...of course. Well, I should really-" Jack was suddenly cut off by the screams of the crowd.

He turned around and to his dismay, Elsa stood, completely still, behind a thick wall of ice.

In front of her stood Anna and some other man.

Elsa scurried out of the room and the shouts of the people echoed about.

Jack flew after Elsa, and behind him came Anna.

Screams of "witchcraft" and "dark magic" came from the mouths of the people.

Jack wanted to silence them all so badly, but Elsa was his first priority.

He flew swiftly through the night.

Anna called for Elsa, but Elsa kept running.

She ran across the water, freezing it with every step she took.

"Elsa!" He yelled, and he swore he saw her glance back for a brief second.

Elsa turned slightly.

She had thought she'd heard her name being called, and it wasn't Anna's voice.

But when she turned around, she saw no one but Anna calling.

She kept running.

Surely she hadn't heard what she thought she had.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Hope you keep enjoying the story!