Chapter Nine

Elsa sat in Anna's room, yawning as Anna brushed her hair.

"You have such gorgeous hair, Elsa. I wish I could have hair like yours." Anna said, combing her fingers through it, tossing it over Elsa's shoulders.

"Anna, your hair is beautiful." Elsa said, turning around and brushing Anna's hair out of her face.

She yawned again and glanced at the clock. "I think I better head off to bed. Good night." She said, slipping gracefully through the door.

 At this, Jack rushed down the hall to reach Elsa's room before she did.

Carefully he removed the fragile book, Spirit of Winter, from his pocket and placed on her nightstand, on top of the book she had been reading the night before.

Just as he set it down, Elsa's bedroom door swung slowly open, and in came a very sleepy Elsa.

Jack certainly hoped she wasn't too tired to read.

She crawled delicately under her covers and laid her head down softly on her pillow.

Jack was disappointed.

She hadn't picked up the book.

Just as Elsa began to close her eyes, however, he noticed a puzzled expression on her face.

She sat up and reached for the small blue book on her nightstand.

Elsa looked at the front, looked at the back, and flipped through the pages quickly.

She clearly didn't recognize the book.

"Spirit of Winter..." Elsa mumbled, and flipped to the first page, just as Jack had done.

He watched anxiously as she read.

The first page, the second page, the third page.

It was somewhere in the middle of the fourth page that she suddenly sprung her head up.

Jack looked onto the page at the part her finger sat under.

"...can sometimes have a tendency to protect...." Jack read quietly.

"Um..." Elsa said, searching her room with her eyes. "Sp-spirit of Winter...are you...here?" Elsa said quietly, unsure of herself.

"Yes!" Jack exclaimed.

"I am! I'm here!"

Elsa gasped.

"Ok, please, show yourself to me. Please, tell me I'm not going crazy." She said, closing her eyes, biting her lip and then opening them again.

She sighed.

"What was I thinking." Elsa mumbled, laying her head back down on her pillow and tossing the book to the nightstand.

"No, no, no please Elsa. You're so close, Elsa please. Believe in me Elsa!" Jack yelled, sitting by elsa's Bed.

"H-how do you know my name?" Elsa said cautiously, once agan darting her eyes all around.

"You can hear me! This is amazing, you can hear me! Ok, ok. How do I know your name? I...I found you one night when I was out talking to the Moon.. ok wait, that makes me sound crazy, hold on. Pretend I didn't say that.. Ok so I found you the night that you..." Jack searched his mind for the right way to phrase his story

"When I first hurt Anna." Elsa finished for me.

"...yeah..." Jack said, awestruck.

"I felt you with me that night, Someone, something was there, keeping me company while I cried. You've always been here, haven't you? Because you.. You tend to protect." Elsa said her voice lowering as she spoke.

"I..well, yeah. But i...I left for a whilr and..." Jack felt incredibly awkward and at loss for words.

"I know. I noticed you were gone." Elsa said, a single tear rolling down her cheek.

She wiped it off imeediately.

"Ok.' She said, regaining her composure.

"So I can hearyou, How come I can't see you?" Elsa asked gingerly.

"I-I.. uh, I don'tknow. Do you believe in me? I'm over here. Come on please. I'm the Spririt of Winter and I've been with you since you were little. Do you..do you believe me?" Jack asked, looking at Elsa, right in front of him, as she closed her eyes.

"..Yes I do" She said.

And she opened her eyes, turned her head and stared right into Jack's crystal blue eyes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for sticking with me!