Chapter Eight

Jack decided he wouldn't ruin anything if he just stayed one night, to make sure she really was ok.

So he sat on the edge of her and waited until she woke up.

Just one day, he told himself.

He'd only stay for one day.

Elsa was just cheery from the moment she awoke.

Her and Anna went about their royal duties, but they never ceased to have fun.

They truly were friends again, Jack was sure.

At least now he knew that when he left again, Elsa wasn't alone.

However, he didn't have the heart to leave just yet.

So he stayed another day.

And another.

And another still.

He couldn't tear himself away from Elsa.

She was even more beautiful when she was happy, and quite frankly, he had much more in common with happy Elsa.

This Elsa wanted to have fun.

He loved getting to know this Elsa more and more with each day.

The only problem was that the feeling wasn't mutual.

Elsa couldn't get to know him.

It had never really bothered him until he had been staying with her about a week.

He began to actually feel jealousy toward all the people she talked to.

They were so lucky to be able to talk to her.

He could never do that.

So one day he caved.

He began wracking his brain for a solution, some way to convince Elsa of his existence.

It drove him crazy, day and night. If he couldn't talk to her, how could he communicate with her?

It had to come in a way that spoke to her in her life.

Something she cared about, something she would be interested in.

One night, he noticed something crucial.

Every night, before she went to bed, Elsa would read.

And out of this small discovery, Jack's master plan emerged.

He flew as quickly as he could to the castle library.

It was enormous, there was bound to be some book in here that mentioned Jack Frost.

He noticed the books went in alphabetical order, so he found the J's and searched.

Nothing.

The F's. Nothing.

He skimmed through books that told of magical powers, but they were all about wizards and witches.

Not Jack Forst.

Just when he was about to give up, something caught his eye.

A thin icy blue book tucked in the S section.

Delicate white snowflakes lined it's binding.

He looked closely at the faded words down the side: Spirit of Winter.

Carefully he plucked it from the shelf.

There was ano author, simply it's mysterious title in big, looping letters.

Spirit of Winter.

He opened it with caution and winced as he heard the pages crackle.

They were yellow with age and it's edges were dried and cracked.

Still the words were readable.

He began to read the first page....

"For many years has humanity wondered where the winter originates from. How does this snow and ice come to rest on our world's surface? Very rarely, an imaginative human being will believe in something known as an unseen force, a Spirit, if you will, that causes these mysterious frigid happenings." Jack's jaw had drooped.

"That's me.." He mumbled.

As he scam through the sensitive pages, he heard the girls laughing as they came up the stairs.

He had to get the book back to Elsa's bedroom before she got in there, so she could read it before bed.

He hurried down the hallway, but just as he made it through Elsa's doorway, she had picked up a book and begun to read.

He hung his head and tucked the small book into his sweatshirt pocket.

Jack would have to wait until tomorrow.

It had been a while since Elsa had been visited by the feeling she knew all too well.

Honestly, she didn't feel as though she needed it as much.

She had Anna and the whole kingdom on her side.

However, when it showed up the night of Anna's birthday, she couldn't help but feel enlightened.

It had come just as the right time.

She'd begun to have nightmares every time she slept, but when she awoke to Anna, her cheery demeanor would immediately return.

But with that comforting feeling around her, her nightmares ceased to happen.

Elsa decided it didn't hurt to keep that feeling around.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys liked it!!

Oh, and I wanted to ask, how would you guys feel about me adding a charcter to the story?

Like a made up one, not from Frozen or Rise of the Guardians.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for reading!