Chapter Eleven

Elsa's eyes popped open abruptly.

She rolled over in her bed to find she was the only one in it.

She sat up and looked all over the room.

Nobody.

"Jack!" She called frantically.

She threw off the covers and ran down the hall, still calling his name.

Suddenly, Jack poked his head out of the library.

"Geez, woman. I'm right here. What's the matter?" He asked, and Elsa barged in the library and carefully shut the door behind her.

"You had me worried there, Jack Frost. I thought I'd imagined everything last night." Elsa whisper-yelled, her eyes still wide with panic. Jack smirked.

"Ooh, and it bothered you to think I wasn't real?" He said, and her face reddened.

"That's not what I said." Elsa stated, pointing a finger at him.

"But it's what you implied." He said, pointing a finger right back.

She didn't say anything in return.

"So did you sleep well last night?" Jack asked, and at almost the same time, Elsa asked "What are you doing in here?" The two stood, staring each other down.

"I slept fine, thank you. But you snored." Elsa said, and Jack squinted at her.

"That's a lie, I never slept." He shot back, and she simply studied her manicure.

"Yea, whatever. Your whole 'immortal' deal you're so proud of. I get it." She said with sass.

"You know, I'm starting to think you're a little easier to deal with when you don't talk to me." Jack said, getting up in her face.

"Oh, I bet. I think I prefer not hearing you!" She said in return, not flinching.

Once again they stared into each other's eyes, angry frowns on their faces.

Finally Elsa broke down and looked away.

"Oh, no, I'm sorry, Elsa. I'm not serious. I'm here to protect you and I-" Jack started to say and Elsa shook her head.

"No, you're fine, it's just...your eyes are so...piercing." She said, looking back up at him again.

He blinked twice and then looked down at his feet.

"Oh..um, thanks. Yours are.." Jack looked up into her eyes and was at a loss for words.

She continued to look at him, waiting for him to finish.

"You're really pretty. I-I mean your eyes are really pretty. Your eyes are, uh, really nice." He finished awkwardly.

Both leaned in looking deeper into each other's blue eyes, closer and closer -

"Hey, Elsa. I thought I heard you talking in here. What's going on?" Anna said as she walked into the library.

Frantically Jack sunk back into the shadows.

"Hey, Anna. I was just reading. Aloud. What are you up to?" Elsa asked, silently willing Anna to leave the room.

She liked talking to Jack, but she couldn't do it with other people around.

They'd find her crazy.

And the last thing she needed was another reason for her people to doubt her.

"Not much. So what are we doing today?" Anna asked eagerly, biting her lip.

"Actually, Anna, I'm not feeling so well today. I think I'm gonna go lay down for a while." Elsa said, bring a hand to her head in mock pain.

"Oh, should I call for a doctor?" Anna said nervously.

Elsa's eyes got wide suddenly.

"Oh, n-no. I-i'm sure I just need rest." She stuttered, and glanced quickly back at Jack, discreetly gesturing for him to follow her as she fled the library back to her room.

Once both were inside she carefully close the door and collapsed on her bed.

"How am I supposed to talk to you without looking like I'm insane" She whispered, exasperated.

"I don't know. Just be quiet." Jack said, taking a seat beside her on the bed.

Elsa sat up and leaned toward him.

"You know, the closer I am to you, the quieter I can talk and you'll still hear me..." She said, raising her eyebrows as if to hint towards something.

Jack jumped off the bed and stood beside it.

"Listen Elsa, you just met me." He said, and Elsa looked up at him towering above her.

"N-no i didn't." She said, slightly intimidated.

"Yes, you did. You don't know who i was until last night, you can't tell me you were romantically interested in this comforting feeling, as you call it, that you've known me as up until now." Jack said raising his voice.

"I never said I was romantically interested in you NOW." Elsa retorted, turning her back and crossing her arms.

Jack scoffed and flew out the door.

"That's fine with me, Queen." He called as he made his way down the hallway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You'll notice a lotta arguing going on in this once.. that was to entertain those who don't ship Jelsa and say their personalities are too different to work...

While I'm about to show ya that they CAN work! :P

Anyway, stay tuned!