Chapter Seven

"Ok, Anna, keep your eyes closed." Elsa kept saying as she led Anna into some room.

"Are you ready?" She asked, and Anna nodded hastily.

"Ok...open your eyes!" Elsa said, and Anna popped them open.

As soon as she did, her jaw dropped.

Before her was a gorgeous lavender gown made of light, airy material with a long train.

Along the bottom were delicate white snow flake patterns.

"That was my touch." Elsa said, pointing them out and winking.

Anna couldn't wait to put the dress on.

"My word, I'm absolutely speechless! This is the best gift ever!" She exclaimed as she slipped it on.

She stared into the mirror, not even recognizing herself.

Anna had never owned such a marvelous dress before.

Elsa stood back and surveyed her with satisfaction.

"You pull that off well." She said, nodding.

"I can't wait to show it off at the ball!" Anna said, swooshing the skirts about herself.

Elsa laughed a little.

Even though Anna was all grown up, Elsa still saw the little girl in her.

She felt as though this was all just another game of dress up.

Which in a way, she supposed it was.

Elsa held her breath as she pushed open the beautiful doors to the grand ballroom.

All the smiling faces greeted them, shouting happy birthday and good evening and all sorts of things.

Much different, she thought, then what they were shouting at the last ball.

With Anna's arm linked through hers, however, she had a big boost in confidence.

They shared a few sisterly dances, but soon enough Kristoff, Anna's current crush, stepped in.

"I hope you don't mind if I steal your partner, Queen Elsa." He said, and Elsa laughed.

"Not at all, sir. She's all yours." She said, ushering Anna off to Kristoff.

She seemed delighted to dance with him.

Elsa made her way through the crowd to the front of the ballroom, just where she had been the night of her coronation.

She watched all the happy couples dancing and wished the same thing she had that night; that she could have a partner of her own some day.

She couldn't help but feel a little melancholy.

She decided to make her way over to the snack table and mingle a bit.

"Oh, this has been amazing!" Anna said as she collapsed on Elsa's bed.

"I know, not to mention exhausting! Get outta here, I wanna sleep!" Elsa said, playfully pushing Anna off.

"Yea, yea, I know. Thanks so much for this day. I couldn't have come up with a better birthday in my dreams. You're the best sister anyone could ask for." Anna gushed, engulfing Elsa in a good night hug.

"No, you are." Elsa countered, giggling.

"I was hoping you'd say that." Anna said, and Elsa gasped.

"Oh, you silly princess." She laughed.

"Well, off to bed with you. Sweet dreams!" Elsa called as she closed the door behind Anna.

She'd made it through the night.

Maybe this ball thing wasn't so bad, maybe she could do it more often.

No sooner had she crawled under her covers, she was fast asleep, dreaming of parties to come.

It had been long enough, he was sure.

It couldn't hurt to go and check up on her.

He'd given her months alone.

He owed it to himself to go and see how she was doing.

And so, Jack Frost made his way back through the forests to the little kingdom of Arendelle.

People still mingled in the streets, even at this late hour.

The castle came into view, and even though there was not as much frost as there was when he had last seen it, Jack recognized Elsa's bedroom window immediately.

He stopped and gave himself a moment to prepare.

Anything could have happened in months.

Anything.

Finally, he summed up all his courage and flew to her window.

Elsa's delicate figure lay in her bed, wrapped in blankets and sleeping soundly.

She didn't look much older, but she certainly looked different.

Jack knew instantly what it was.

A smile was displayed across her face.

Elsa was happy,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope ya like it!

There's some jelsa comin up here...

hehe.