That's What I'm Talking About

"Now that you've found us, I expect you might start to remember bits and pieces of your past. Merlin is great with magic, but she was upset too when you left, she must've left some memories with you, just locked up in you instead of your weapons." King said as him and I sat outside the tavern on Hawk's mum's back, him floating and me laying on the ground staring at the sky.
"Yeah maybe, I guess this explains why the last 20 years have been a blur to me." I sigh quietly, placing my arms behind my head.
"You guys seem honest though, so until you stab me in the back I'll try and be nice."
King chuckled, nodding.
"We're glad to have you back (Y/n)."
"It's good to be back."

"God it smells good!" I whine hungrily as I step into the tavern again, rubbing my hands together.
"You always did love Ban's food." Diane smiled sweetly.
"It's not the only thing of mine she loved." Ban snickered as he cooked, facing away from us.
I huff.
" I'm going to kill this Merlin woman when we find her."
"Why?" King asked me.
"Because she erased my memory of sleeping with this bastard!" I whine, gesturing to Ban.
Diane and Ban laughed before I heard Elizabeth squeal from the other side of the room. I looked over and saw Meliodas casually groping her chest, cocking an eyebrow before walking over to him and elbowing him in the back of the neck. He hit the floor with a thud, whining.
"Keep your hands to yourself dude." I said simply, ruffling Elizabeth's hair.
"You cool?" I ask her and smile as she looked at me confused.
"Yes I am...cool." She said slowly. I snickered.
"It's an expression, for me at least, I just say weird things." I chuckle before Ban placed the food on the counter, me being the first person sat down.
"I love food~" I groan before eating happily, Ban snickering.
"You also love my di-"
"Alright let's eat!" Hawk interrupted as I passed him a leg of meat cheerily. By the time we were done the dinner Mr. Calves-of-steel had made us it was basically midnight. I headed outside with a pillow I stole from Ban's bed, laying down on our giant travelling pig's back and placing it under my head.
I smile, staring at the stars and closing my eyes.
"That's my pillow, princess." I heard an all too familiar voice as Ban sat next to me, tugging at the corner of the fluffy cushion. "I don't see your name on it." I hum, keeping my eyes closed.
The pillow was suddenly pulled out from underneath me, causing my head to hit Momma Hawk's back. I groan and sit up, rubbing the back of my head and glaring at Ban.
"You've got three other pillows and a plethora of horrific stuffed animals in your room, I just want the damn pillow." You grumbled at him. "Well this is my favourite pillow, so you can't have it." He smirked. I rolled my eyes and sneered at him. "Well can I have a different pillow?"
"Nope."
"Why not?" I whine, hitting him sleepily and yawning. He snickered and grinned more. "Because they're all my favourite pillow."
I glare at him more, tackling him to the ground and trying to steal the pillow again. Ban laughed and let me take it, smirking up at me since I was straddling his hips.
"We've been in this position before princess, just in better circumstances~" He cooed as I rolled my eyes and hit him in the face with the pillow. "Shut up and let me sleep you noob." I huff and get off of him, laying down on the pillow again.
"You used to do this back in the day too, I guess old habits die hard."
"What're you talking about?" I sigh, turning to look at him sleepily, still resting against the warm pillow.
"No matter where we stopped, whether it was in the tavern, in a cave, at an inn, you never slept in any kind of bed we made you. You were always out on the grass or on a cliff or something, sleeping under the stars, said it calmed your nightmares and reminded you of home." Ban shrugged, leaning back on his hands and tilting his head back to look up at the sky.
"We never really stopped you, since the one time we did you ended up nearly murdering Diane with a rock." He looked at me again, his crimson eyes sparkling in the moonlight.
"That's what I'm talking about."
I nod tiredly, smiling.
"The old days sound like they were fun, I wish I remembered them." I say quietly, yawning again. Ban chuckled and shook his head, smirking still. "Whatever, just get some sleep already."
"Go back inside before you get cold then." I say quietly, looking at him with half-lidded eyes. "Nah, you always used to get someone to stay out here with you until you fell asleep. Guess it's my turn tonight."
"Ban, I've been sleeping alone for the past 10 years, I'll be fine."
He shook his head stubbornly, looking out along the hills. "Just go to sleep, I'll go inside once you pass out." He said softly. I smile gently, finally closing my eyes.
"Goodnight Ban..."
"See you in the morning princess."