King

That night I was joined by King before I fell asleep, the boy telling me stories about what it was like before we supposedly became criminals. He was in the middle of rambling about something Diane had done, the giant sleeping behind Momma Hawk before I interrupted him, chuckling.
"You really like her, don't you?" I ask gently as King's face immediately went bright red.
"W-what?! No I d-don't we're just friends!" He said quickly. I sat up, smiling again. "It's okay King, I think it's cute." He looked at me shyly and sighed, floating around.
"She used to love me too...I'm almost sure of it."
I tilt my head.
"What do you mean?"
"I erased her memory of it, her memory of the days where we used to be best friends." He sighed sadly.
"Her eyes used to light up every time she saw me, and we even promised to get married one day..."
I smile as he sat next to me, taking his hand sweetly. He smiled quietly.
"After my sister died, I had to leave her. I didn't have the heart to make her sad to watch me go, since I knew I'd be gone for a long time, so I erased her memories of me. We met again all those years later, it broke my heart, having to introduce myself again as if I hadn't watched her grow up into this gorgeous woman..."
I rub my thumb over his knuckles, resting my head on his shoulder.
"I promise that things will work out in the end King." I say gently, yawning quietly. He smiled, nodding slightly.
"Thanks (Y/n)..."