Batons

"Maybe I'm not ready."
"Princess-"
"We should do this another day I think I'm getting sick."
"Princess you-"
"What if I don't like what I-"
"(Y/n)!"
Ban snapped you out of your thoughts as you looked at him, the fox surprising you with a kiss. You sighed deeply and nodded once you pulled back, looking at the batons in front of you.
"Thanks, I needed that."
"You sure you want us here (Y/n)?" King asked softly as you nodded. "It'll play like a projector screen right? I want you guys to experience what I do, even if it's the first time I'll remember experiencing it. Just look away if it gets weird." You chuckled nervously, reaching towards the batons.
You picked them up and held them, measuring the weight of them in your hands. Nothing happened for a while, just letting you revel in the somewhat familiar feeling of the glossed wood gliding against your skin, reading the awkward scroll write on the side you assumed was your home language. You saw a hitch in the two and put one down, picking at the little notch in the wood with your nail. "Nothing's happening..." Elizabeth whispered confused, before your twisted the wood opposite ways, the middle unhinging and pulling away from its either end. The room was overwhelmed with light, blinding all of you and making the room much warmer than the summer air outside.
And suddenly you could see it.