Desert Song

We hold in our hearts the sword and the faith,

Swelled up from the rain, clouds move like a wraith,

Well after all, we'll lie another day,

And through it all, we'll find some other way,

To carry on through cartilage and fluid,

And did you come to stare or wash away the blood? 

; ; ;

Gerard's POV

The human had kind eyes, but I knew that trick. I jumped back, and made eye contact with him I knew that trusting him was a bad idea.

"W-what happened to your arm, guy?" He asked, pointing at my pale arm that was soaked in crimson. I didn't move, I just looked him in the eyes fearfully. He sighed. "Look," he said "I don't know what you've went through to get here, but just know that you don't have to be scared of me. You can trust me, I swear. My name is Frank" he said, and I blinked. Someone being this casually sincere couldn't want to hurt me, correct? I don't know if it was my medical or mental state, but I grabbed his hand with my non-injured arm and he pulled me up.

"Here, we can go to my house. I have some ace bandages and medicine in a first aid kit.." Frank rambled. I didn't know what an ace bandage was, but I hoped it would take away the seething pain in my arm. 

"So, do. you want to tell me your name?" Frank asked patiently. I looked at him with wide eyes, unresponsive. He smiled, and mumbled an "It's okay, you don't have to right now..."

After walking for what seemed like hours, we reached the building that that Frank lived in. We walked up some stairs, and walked into one of the rooms. The home looked normal, a bit dirty, but there was a strange thing in the corner. My curiosity got the best of me, and I pointed at it.

"What? Oh, that's a guitar. You've never seen one?" Frank asked, and I shook my head. He looked shocked, and then he smiled. "I may have to play it for you some time." He said, grabbing a box out of a drawer. He grabbed what I assumed was ace bandages and medicine. 

"Let me see your arm." He said and I extended my injured limb. He got a wet cloth and wiped away some of the dried blood around the wound, and it stung a bit. After that, he looked back up at me.

"Listen, I'm about to put this Hydrogen Peroxide on your arm. It's going to sting really bad for a second, but it'll feel better soon, okay?" Frank said and I nodded reluctantly. He dabbed it on my wound with the cloth and my face twisted up in pain. But, as Frank had said, the pain soon faded into a warm feeling. He wrapped the bandages around my arm and said: "Okay, finished." I looked at my neatly wrapped arm.

"So...do you want more clothes? You're a lot smaller than me, so mine may be too big, but you can use mine." He asked, and I nodded eagerly. He gave me a sweatshirt and some jogging pants, that indeed were too big, but I was thankful. I made sure my tail stayed well hidden, but I tried to keep my ears hidden.

"Here, I can take this and wash it..." he said, reaching for my beanie. I jolted backward and yelled "NO!" But, the hat fell off anyways. I was sitting in front of this human, my ears showing. I'm screwed now...