Interlude

Frank's POV

I felt myself open my eyes. I forgot where I was for a second, then I remembered what happened last night. Gerard was feeling sad and anxious, and after trying to comfort him we fell asleep on the couch. I looked over to the small boy.

Since he's been with me, he's gained a fair amount of weight. He didn't look malnourished anymore, you could see color in his face. His beanie from yesterday had fallen off sometime through the night, exposing his red Neko ears. His tail had came untucked as well, and it was curled up beside him on the couch. The gentle light exposed by nearby windows made his cute face glow, and I smiled looking at him. He was so beautiful.

I looked at my watch, seeing that it was only 7:30 in the morning. I sighed, lying my head down to go back to sleep...

Gerard's POV

I felt the sweet potato of sleep leave my body. (A/N: OKAY FOR SOME REASON MY PHONE AUTOCORRECTED PHASES TO POTATO BUT IM KEEPING IT AS POTATO) As usual, there was the few seconds of confusion, but then i realized that I was still at Frank's house, except there was one thing missing that was there last night.

Frank wasn't in the place he fell asleep in last night. I was a bit confused, so I stood up, scratching my crimson ears. "Frank? Fraaannk? Where are you at?" I said timidly. I walked into the hallway, and into his bedroom. Not there. I looked in the bathroom. Not there. I looked in the closet. Not there.

I was launched into a panic. Where was Frank? Had he gone to turn me in? Even worse, did they take him? I ran into the kitchen, and he wasn't there either. I looked around, and a strange thing on the front door caught my eye. A yellow note stamped onto the white door.

I wasn't very good at reading, but I knew some simple words.

I read what I could of the letter out loud. "Um...Gerard, I...um...at the...something-market? Be back...s...soon." What is a market? I don't know know, but he said he'd be back soon...

I turned on the television, something I had learned how to work in my short time here.

There was an advertisement on the television, and it fascinated me. It was for a pet store! Funny how there's no nekos, but I know I can't do anything about that.

The next ad came onto the television.

"30% groceries at the Baker's Super-Market! Buy food, drinks, and more!"
The sound-box said.

So that's where Frank went! He went to get food. After hearing that, that worry left my head and I relaxed. Soon, a show about underwater people. It was cute, there was even a squirrel....

<><><><><>

Okay hi, this was lowkey just a filler chapter so I can plan out an actual plot to start next chapter lmao