Chapter 2- Got a B in biology and also I'm pregnant.

13 weeks pregnant

Pack Law 45 - Mating

Members of the pack are permitted to mate without the permission of the Alpha, or Beta male or female when over the age of 18.

Adolescents of the pack between 15-18 must seek permission from the Alpha or Beta male and the Beta female to complete a mating urge.  18-21 year olds must ask their pack-mother or pack-father. The adult mate of a teenager between 15-18 must also ask Alpha, Beta male and Beta female for permission. 

The mating urge does not require a pair to marry or participate in the human marriage ritual. It is recommended, though not required, for a pair of adults (see age restrictions above) mates to couple to 'complete' the initial mating urge even if they do not wish to commit. (See section on instinct- the first urge is always the strongest, pheromone resistance trickier first time.)

It is forbidden for a mate to kill their mate, whether in a committed relationship with that mate or not. The Alpha, Beta or Beta female may not override this.

Julia wasn't sure what to do. It probably explained why she was increasingly feeling like she had nothing to wear and so she went shopping. Her mom was happy to buy her clothing, she still felt guilty about the attack, so it wasn't a big argument that Julia needed clothing.

“Yes.” Her mother had agreed, staring at her like she'd not looked at her properly for some time, “Yes. You may be gaining a bit of weight. You still look okay but you do need clothes.”

Julia took the card and got Beth to come with her. They wandered through the shops, ignoring the sharp looks from the occasional werewolf they ran into. Not many. They liked to shop in places where the pack was least likely to stare. This was for several reasons. First- Julia liked to dress in hippy clothing. She liked peace, love, she liked meditation, she liked to chant OM and drum. Free energy for all! Ban hunting, end wars, all of that great stuff. She was looking forward to going to her first protest when she could get her hands on that car they'd promised her for her seventeenth.

This didn't usually match the 'Werewolf' mentality. Not even close. They would accept it if she wore black boots, and black Goth stuff, or went emo. They had a harder time when she was dancing around her backyard with a drum or meditating. She would have gone vegetarian except that she physically couldn't do that. It was pushing her instincts enough to go for 'free love and stop clubbing baby seals!'.

But the other reason, and this was the more pressing one, was that she and Beth were now 'dating' in the eyes of the Pack. Never mind that Beth now had a girlfriend of her own, a human girl, one completely separate to their world. They were stared at a little less when they shopped far away from the Pack estate.

“Beth, you remember how the Alpha charged at you in my bedroom in the shed, on my sixteenth?” Julia asked softly as she led them into a store.

“Yeah, I almost pissed myself all over again, why?” Beth glanced up while she fingered a pair of jeans. “You think these would look good?”

“Yeah, of course they'd look good.” Julia glanced around. Grinned at Beth as she held up a pair of jeans with a stretchy part. “How's this for me?”

“That's for pregnancy.”

“Exactly.”

Beth wasn't slow. She got it pretty fast and nearly screamed, except that she covered her mouth in time, her eyes going wide. “Wait, he got marri-”

“I know.” Julia hissed. “Quiet. I know. I think he was drunk and I was a bit...”

“You were drunk.”