Chapter 4- It's a nice day to hang out in the bathroom.

Pack Law 48 - Pregnancy between uncommitted Mates. 

(For laws regarding pregnancy between committed mates see P.L.49)

Mates may not threaten each other, may not use power of authority against each other, and must ensure at all times the safety of the unborn child. 

No fighting is permitted.

The male must hunt for the two during the Change in order to allow the child to remain safe. Both are responsible for the woman's safety during term. 

 Pregnancy, week 14.

School sucked at the worst times. But today somehow it sucked enough for Julia's stomach to reject it completely. 

Julia had gotten about five minutes into the morning before she'd had to flee for the bathroom and vomit her guts out again. Class hadn't even started and she was already vomiting all over the place. She'd been here for three hours. Every time Julia thought that she was okay, that morning sickness was over, nope. It was back again. Apparently ginger was good for this and the second Julia had smelt it she'd craved it like nothing else. She'd gnawed a raw root of it between vomiting. 

The internet had said that morning sickness should be done now. She'd looked it up on her phone while she was trying to force the nausea down. She was hungry and she wanted to throw it up. And her stomach kept hurting like she'd pulled muscles in it. It was really starting to piss her off.

Beth ended up bringing Julia's bag into her at lunch, lunch which again made her head straight for the bathroom after a two minute walk down the hall, and she and Beth snuck out so Beth could sneak Julia home again. 

Julia had been like this for a week now. It wasn't sudden- she'd had an unstable stomach for several weeks before the pregnancy shock- but it seemed to take on a life of its own. Apparently the Alpha had intended on talking to her but he kept coming up with excuses. Broken down car. Doctor. Study. Assignment due. And her Dad spent more time at the Pack hall.

"It's my ultrasound today." She tried to announce, trying to keep herself from vomiting in Beth's run down car. "Coming?"

"Course I am." Beth replied. She glanced sideways at Julia. "I heard ginger's good."

"I ate an entire root this morning." Julia yawned.

"I don't think you're supposed to eat it raw." 

That would have explained why it kind of burnt a bit. Julia had been too hungry to care. She leaned against the side of the car as they made their way back home, feeling really sick, hand on her stomach. 

When they got back, Julia fled for the bathroom and Beth followed behind. 

"Do you need me to stay here?"

"No. Just-" Julia had to pause. The worst part of it was that there wasn't anything left in her stomach now to get rid of. This was just motion and it hurt. "Just ...get our homework, I guess."

"-kay. I'll come back after school. I'll try peppermints for you." Beth called through the door. Julia listened to her leave again and made her way wearily out of the bathroom for her bedroom.

She was kind of sick of this already. Her stomach hurt, she felt sick at the merest provocation, and while her boobs were getting bigger, Julia was sort of tender and not in the cuddling way. She also had started to really get territorial about her room. Her mother couldn't come near the door anymore.