Chapter 6- Borders challenged and puppies on the brain.

American Border Agreement

No hunting over the borders of each pack without permission.

Attacks on humans, whether allowed or not within Pack land, must not take place on foreign Pack land.

Business to take place only within borders. Work may take place on each other's land on the condition that Alpha and Beta of that land are aware of the w.w workplace and hours. 

Attacks must not take place against foreign Pack members unless in case of self-defence. Self-defence must be proven. Reported immediately. 

Pack responsible for own members punishment.

Pack w.w must not stray into foreign borders without alerting the land's Betas as to reason for visit and permission. (Unless prior agreement between Packs have been made for this right. Airports, bus stops, places of transit do not count.)

Pack w.w youth studying in foreign Pack land  must be reported to that land's Beta and/or Alpha and must not be approached at any time. 

Unprovoked Attacks on Pack w.w is not permitted. Attacks on Pack children by Pack youth and above is seen as an attack. No claim of self-defence may be made. 

Signed

Alpha of the Northern Pack

Alpha of the Southern Pack

Elder of the Desert Pack

Alpha of the Grassland Pack

Alpha-Beta of the Island Pack

________________________________________

To the Alpha.

Border report:

The Northern Pack has been increasingly seen coming over our boundaries. One attack on a human. Problem cleaned up. Several attacks on cattle. This has gotten out to the media as 'wild wolf attacks'. 

One attack on werewolf family. Also media reported as murder-suicide. The Thatcher family were killed. Trying to clean it up.

Recommend immediate meet.  David agrees. Flying back tomorrow.

Marianne.

_____________________________________________

Oliver stared at the Pack Hall across the small lawn as the handful of elders went inside. The meet for tonight. A night when he was supposed to be concentrating, supposed to be in full authority mode, when he had to be completely and utterly focused. Leader material. Attacks on the Pack was really fucking serious. They'd lost the entire Thatcher family, Michael, Nancy and their girl Tiana. She'd just been ten. 

Oliver felt dizzy, kind of sick, and extremely distracted. He should have focused on this news. It should have devastated him. It did, of course it did, but it was competing for space with someone else. 

A girl. Two girls. Distracting him. Fiery red headed one and another one that had a heart beat and that moved like it was already dancing in crazy circles like he'd heard Julia liked to do. Like it was already planning on doing the hippy bullshit Julia apparently was into.

Oliver knew too much about Julia. Too fucking much. She'd disobeyed him, disobeyed him when no one besides the Betas should be able to, and seeing as she hadn't yet gone through her binding change it meant that there was only one conclusion. The one that meant she now had his balls in a vice.