Chapter 7 - Strange places and hormones that just won't quit.

bPL. 4 Border Threat

Alpha decides course of action. Beta pair advises. 

Male and females over 21 only permitted to take part. 

Binding change- wolf binding front line under Alpha

                         - human binding to be used as Alpha and/or Beta pair demands.

Keep out of sight of humans as much as possible- do not allow there to be witnesses.

Disobeying orders equals heavy penalty

_________________________________________________________

Julia and Beth glanced up some time later from the laptop, sitting side by side on the wooden floor, when there was a hesitant knock on the door. Her father's head popped in. He looked tired, the lines seemed to stand out a little more, and she only just noticed really for the first time just how grey his hair was starting to get in the roots. Did he dye it? Julia had never thought about that. 

"Come in."

He came in and glanced around, slowly, shaking his head at the tiny room as if it wasn't quite good enough for his daughter. Her dad sat beside them slowly beside the bed and pulled Julia against his side with an affectionate squeeze.

She should be mad. Right? Somehow she couldn't be. Julia was still too stunned to be mad and he looked too stressed. 

"It may be safer for you living here, Julia. I- I was going to ask you to come back after all. I'm sorry. I thought with your mother's attack on you when she was pregnant you might have trouble controlling your anger. Now I'm tempted to send your mother and brother to live here too." He sighed, tugging the photo out of his pocket, and stared at it. "I can never see anything on these things. You have to show me where it is. Thanks Beth, for taking her."

"Something bad happened?" Julia asked softly as she fingered the paper. She didn't expect an answer. Maybe something really bad had happened then if he thought she was safer in Pack estate grounds- it was more secure than any other place.  "See, that's a head. One foot, two feet, and a third foot over here."

"A third foot?"

Beth giggled softly, sliding over to Julia's other side. "A third foot."

"This some kind of joke about it being a boy?" Her dad asked, lips twitching. 

"No, Dad. It's a girl. There's another foot behind the girl."

It took him a while to get it and then his face went red and he squeezed Julia's shoulders harder, shaking his head. "So twins?"

"Uh huh. They couldn't tell me what the other one was, she could only get a good look at that part. It's hidden behind the girl." Julia nodded, touching her stomach as she took in the image. "I don't know if I can believe it still."

"I can't either. You're so young, baby." He sighed slowly. "I think you should still work. I ... I don't know about abortion but... you still need to go to school too."

"Yeah." Julia saw a problem with that. How she'd fit school, a job and these two in as well. She frowned. "I don't know how I'll do that. Dad, what's going on?"

"I'll talk to your mother about the problem. She's still struggling with Ben, he's not an easy baby. One of the Packs has been doing some things which are going to need some quick diplomacy. Marianne's   working on it from up there. Some people got killed. The Thatcher family."