Chapter 3- Oh, sh-

P.L. 10 - Penalty for law breaking. 

Beta pair must act as the judges and deciders of penalty. 

Alpha enforces.  

If w.w. is under the 'binding change' and the charges are minor - no required time in the law system for longer than a year- then they must be handed to the human justice system.

If w.w. is past the 'binding change' they must face the justice of the Beta male and Beta female.

Death should be avoided due to increased human interaction between Pack and human world- avoid as much notice as possible. No dead w.w. should be left somewhere where it may be found by human world, it must be destroyed of. 

Penalty must be delayed in the case of member of a pair of w.w expecting a child unless immediate threat to Pack is determined.

Sexual assault is not approved punishment.

Pack w.w. may not enforce penalty unless self-defence. 

David rarely drove like that.

Oliver stared at the Beta's car as it sped across the road in through the forest. It was after seven, Oliver was about to go make dinner for him and Yasmine.  She had come in to tell him that the Beta was hurrying in.

Yasmine was one of the only humans allowed on the land. The only human allowed here after dark and to know what this place was. He smiled up at her, reaching up to wrap an arm around her as he watched his Beta curve around the forest, the dust rising from the long hot summer showing exactly how his progress was going. 

"Do you want me to get some food out quickly for all of us?"

"Get the hot water on. I'll get some chips out." He replied, standing, shoving his laptop back. Studying to work in IT wasn't easy when you ran a pack. It was mad that he was doing it already at all. Oliver shouldn't have had to worry for ten or twenty years. He hadn't even completed the 'binding change' yet, the change around twenty five or six that bound a werewolf to their change for the rest of their life. The moment they could 'opt out' or stick with it. 

 He stood up and threw the chips into a bowl as Yasmine put the hot water on in the kettle. His wife of exactly one month, two weeks and three days, he still didn't tire of this. Seeing her in his home, in his world, trusting her into it all. Oliver had met her in High school and they'd been an item.

"Oliver, we've got a problem."  David stormed inside, not bothering to knock, and sat at the table. "I've called up Marianne."

Oliver guessed that from the speed. But inviting the Beta female too? The oldest of the three, well into her seventies, she was one of the oldest Pack. Most didn't last past fifty with their kind of 'lifestyle'. 

"That bad? Who's broken the law?"

"Juliet's pregnant."

The news slammed into Oliver and he nearly made the chip packet explode all over the table.  Oh, shit. He felt Yasmine's hand run across his lower back and that didn't help much at all. 

Honestly, the mate problem hadn't been a problem. 

Not till Julia went from looking thirteen to eighteen in the space of less than a year. Not when his friends went from 'get out of our way little girl' to 'fuck, I'd love to bang that one'. They didn't know it was the same girl. Oliver knew. Oliver knew and it'd taken every last sense of self control to not slam their heads into the wall for picturing his mate naked.