Chapter 1

He stood there, laughing with his group of friends. They all seemed to be enjoying themselves. But on the inside, I was dying. What did he think of me? How did this all happen? I was his one and only butterfly...

Suddenly, a hand landed on my shoulder. I jumped in reaction, flying a mile high. I spun around, my face flushed. I hope they didn't think I was staring at him. They would think I was desperate to have him back.

It was my friend. A small, sympathetic smile crossed her lips. She always seemed to cheer me up, no matter what. But for these past few weeks, I felt as if I was in a hole, not able to climb my way out...

"You alright there, Y/N?" she asked, taking her hand off my shoulder. "Were you looking at... you know...?"

I took a second to answer. Finally, I shook my head. "No. I'm over him. No more boy drama for me."

I then managed to give a weak smile. As I did, my fists clenched my books with an invincible grip. I hated lying to her. She was almost as important as he was to me.

She gave back the smile, but I knew she saw through my shell. "Alright, if you say so."

She then walked away, leaving me to my sorrows and dreams of hope that were starting to go out.

Sighing, I turned and started walking to my dorm.

I couldn't believe my parents. They sent me to a boarding school since I started high school, and each day was getting worse by the minute. I trudged along the campus, watching the guys throw balls and some girls taking to each other while staring at the guys. It was typically your average school, except more like a prison. Chores, awful food, and teachers that treated you like crap. Yep. That's how I was spending my high school career.

The dorms towered over me as I walked. Thankfully the school was rich enough to give us a one person room. Each window was lined with colorful curtains. This had to be the girls dorm.

At the door of it, I stopped, clutching my books tightly. It was an old brick building, red and covered in dirt. It was about four stories tall, some fire escapes littering the side of it. My room was next to a fire escape, which gave me the opportunity to escape out into the "balcony."

Stepping into the building, some doors were opened to some rooms. Girls chattered throughout the building, giggles echoing off the halls. I wanted to cover my ears. No laughter. I was too sad to hear it.

I hurried through all the way up to the fourth floor where my room was. As I exited the staircase, I took out my room key and went to the door that was second on the right. I approached the door and swung my head around, searching for any girls that wanted to chat with me. The coast was clear. Taking my key, I jammed it into the lock and twisted it. It made a satisfying click and I hurried in.

Closing the door behind me, I leaned against the door and slid down to the ground. "Week three down," I murmured to myself.

My room was a total mess. Books and clothes cluttered the floor. My desk was scattered with papers. My bed sheets were thrown about. The plant in the corner was starting to wilt. When was I going to clean this all up?

"Friday," I murmured to myself again. "I have the weekend..." Dread started to fill my chest. These past weekends have been tugging at me. This was the only time to really, truly think about him. About what happened. About what he said to me. How it all ended...

A tear rolled down my cheek. When was he going to see my pain? When was he going to notice what he did to me? What he felt to me? Another tear splashed down.

"Please, God," I sobbed quietly. "Just take this pain away."

Nothing happened.