Chapter 8

My mind seemed to swim. The current of my thoughts drowned me. Once in awhile I would break through the surface. During those times, I would hear the sounds of buzzing florescent lights above me, the sound of a heart monitor, the murmur of voices. Those were the times that scared me. Was this what Hell was like? Was I in some sort of place where weird things sounded, filling my ears?

But soon, my brain became slowly unclouded. I could see some sort of light shining down on me through my eyelids. My heart raced, the monitor going out of control. I started whimpering and thrashing around, cries coming out of my mouth one by one. They all turned to screams and I could feel people's hands grabbing ahold of me, holding me down on an uncomfortable sort of bed.

Their voices filled my ears and I thrashed around. What was happening? Where was I? Who were these people? Were they demons, trying to hold me down? I was so confused and in a blind panic, I wasn't thinking until I heard a certain voice flow into my ears like silk.

"Y/N," the voice said soothingly. As they said this, someone's hands placed themselves on my cheeks. "It's okay. No one's here to hurt you. Please, just wake up."

With that, my eyes slowly opened and I was revealed to be in a hospital room. I looked around me, showing people crowding around me, keeping me pinned to the bed. I recognized a few of the faces. My parents, Seokjin, and Namjoon. Namjoon was holding my head, staring deep into my soul. But also doctors and nurses had ahold of my legs and arms, trying to keep me down. All of them seemed concerned. I stopped my thrashing, but small whimpers came out of my mouth.

"Good," Namjoon breathed, giving me a reassuring smile. This seemed to calm my nerves down a bit. "Now breathe. It's okay. I'm here. Nothing will hurt you. If you struggle, you may hurt yourself even more than you have."

I looked down to see what he meant by that, and what I saw shocked me. On of my legs was in a F/C cast and my arm was in a black air-cast. An IV was taped to my other arm, the needle clearly inside me. I was in a hospital gown, the cold air nipping at my legs. My blanket laid at the end of my bed. I must of thrown it off myself.

Glancing back up at Namjoon, tears clouded my eyes. My vision was starting to become blurry, the salt overwhelming them. "Namjoon... I want to get out of here..."

"I know," he murmured, running this thumb over my cheek soothingly. "But you need to stay here until they know you're stable again."

"Stable..." The word seemed to roll around in my mouth and bounce around the room. I wasn't stable? I guess it was true since I did jump off a building. But I would have to stay in a hospital for the rest of the time?

A tear rolled down my cheek. "Get me out, Namjoon!" I screamed, starting to thrash around again. The people around me pinned me down once more, but their strength was no match for mine. I could feel their hands unlock from around me, one at a time. I was going to be free. I wasn't going to be kept anymore under anyone's control.