How to Save a Life

s y p n o s i s 

Enduring the torments at school by her fellow high school peers, then at home by her mother, Kate Sterling decides to take her own life. Thinking that the world isn't worth living anymore, she goes to the Golden Gate Bridge, ready to take the plunge.

Suddenly deciding that she does not want to die, she steps back, but not before being tackled to the ground. Noah Fields was at the bridge too except he wasn't going to jump. He was going to save a life.

An unlikely friendship results from the almost tragedy and Noah will show her that you don't have to jump to free yourself from the pain.

e p i g r a p h  

"Healing isn't a linear path. There are ups, downs, and loops all around." -me. 

i m p o r t a n t  d a t e s

Date started: July 20, 2016

Date finished: August 11, 2017

w a r n i n g s

-mention of suicide

-mention of cutting (future chapters)

-mention of abuse and alcoholism

a u t h o r's  n o t e

Hey everyone, thanks for quickly on this story. The chapters will be really short, at maximum 1,000 words. This story will be a little darker than my other books because there is actually suicidal thoughts and cutting here. I seriously suggest you don't read this book if you will get triggered (no, not the angry kind.) Nonetheless, I will put a trigger warning on the especially strong chapters. I decided not to include a cast list for this story only because this story can honestly apply to anyone so I want you to imagine Kate and the rest however you like. Since this is a first draft there are going to be some tense changes in the beginning. Don't worry, since I will edit the story when I complete it. Hope you enjoy the story just as much as I liked writing it.