'e i n s'

💫⭐💫

wind blew in cooling waves against tyler's honey colored skin as he sat on his tire swing and wrote in his lavender journal. he felt calm in this moment where there was no noise except for the gentle whispers of the birds talking amongst themselves.

the moment did not last long as a large moving truck pulled up next to the house next door that had been for sale as long as he could remember. he closed his journal and tilted his head up, the slightly curled hair on his head tickling his forehead.

he saw a man and woman jump happily out of the truck hand in hand and stroll up to the front door with their suitcases. tyler began to turn away when a yellow haired guy got his attention. he was dressed all in black and his arms and neck were covered in tattoos.

sure, he was the absolute opposite of tyler's innocent bean of a self, but that didn't mean he didn't interest him. the mysterious man caught tyler staring and tyler blushed under his freckles and turned away quickly.

tyler waited until he heard the door next door close before looking over again to see an empty front yard. tyler didn't know who those people were, but he absolutely loved the sight of the highlighter haired boy and he knew he would be on his mind all day.

"ty-bug get inside, please. dinner will be ready soon and you need to wash up." tyler's mother called from the front door. "yes, momma." he replied as he stepped out of the tire swing and ran up the steps to his house, casting a final glance towards the neighboring house.

inside tyler walked up the carpeted steps and walked into his room with the lavender painted walls and fairy lights that hung around his bed frame. he walked into the attached bathroom and washed his hands quickly with the honey scented soap.

"hey, little brother." his older sister rena said as she walked into his room. tyler turned to her with a jump. "scared me, re-re." he giggled as he walked up to her. he wrapped his tiny arms around her waist and she lent down to rest her chin on his head. she relished in the feeling of being able to hug her little brother that she hadn't seen in such a long time, considering she'd been attending college in new york.

"when did ya get back?" tyler asked as he pulled away from the hug with a sigh. "just a couple of seconds ago, i promise." she replied. he nodded and plopped down on his bed that was covered with a fluffy lilac blanket.

"so whatcha been up to?" she asked as sat next to him. " been writing a lot. 's much fun to sit n the swing and just write, ya know?" he sighed heavenly. she nodded along with him and it was quiet for just a moment.

then the loud sounds of yelling were easily heard from the house next door. "well if you hate me so much then let me kill myself! stop worrying about my drinking habits and worry about yourself!" a deep voice yelled from the window.

tyler jumped up and ran to his window, pulling back the curtains and peering next door. he saw straight into the open window where the boy from earlier stood with his hands gripping his hair and tears falling down his face.

he watched as the man grabbed a bottle of a brown liquid and chugged it down before throwing it to the ground with a pained yell. "ty, step away from the window." rena placed her hand on his shoulder. he looked at her with confusion flooding his doe-eyes.

"he's sad rena. no one deserves to be sad." he whispered with tears swimming in his own eyes. rena sighed and closed her eyes, jumping when she heard the sound of a window popping open.

"tyler, get back her." she seethed as he stood on the roof of their house. "no, rena. i gotta help 'm." he whimpered and she rolled her eyes. his kindness was getting him in trouble again.

she raised her hands in surrender and closed his window, she was not gonna get in trouble with him. tyler jumped the short distance to the other roof and crawled down to the window of the boy.

he sat on the window sill and smiled shyly. " 'scuse me? a-are you o-okay?" he asked in his small voice. the boy turned towards tyler quickly and wiped away his tears angrily.

"who are you?" he questioned sternly. tyler stepped into the boys room that was painted black with death cab for cutie posters everywhere...whoever that was.

"i-i'm tyler. your neighbor. ar-are you okay?" he asked again. josh shook his head to himself and couldn't help but smile at the tiny boy in front of him.

"i'm josh. and no, tyler i'm not okay...i fucked up." josh ran his hand through his hair roughly.

tyler let out the cutest, quietest gasp ever, "j-joshie said a b-bad word."

-----------

hi frens. i'm extremely sick right now, like i can't get out of bed without collapsing, but i use it to my advantage and write. anyway, i hope you like this as much as i do. josh is not gonna be mean to tyler 'cause tyler's to sweet for that mess. that doesn't mean there won't be drama tho so just be prepared baby.

eat enough, don't do drugs and

stay twisted,

|-/ shy