'z e h n'

💫⭐️💫

"bye-bye, miss marina!" tyler called after his friendly tutor, hurrily closing the heavy door behind her.

the small boy raced up the stairs, little sock clad feet slipping on the hardwood. when he got to his pastel room he stared into the closet, searching for an outfit to impress his highlighter haired neighbor.

after many outfit changes, the frail boy decided on a loose white dress with pink thigh-highs and white sneakers that he'd decorated with stickers.

after applying perfect winged eyeliner and cherry lip gloss, he threaded tiny white flowers into his fluffy brown hair.

as he stared into the mirror, the tan boy felt pretty, but was he pretty enough for joshie?

tyler's negative thoughts were quickly diminished when he heard his bedroom door crack open. "oh, ty-bug, you look so pretty," his mother's sugarcane words enveloped him and he felt much better.

"t-thank you, mo-momma," he whispered as she hugged him, kissing his soft freckled cheeks. "okay, honey i'm going to start dinner. do you think joshua will like my famous chicken pot-pie?"

tyler giggled an nodded quickly, "h-have to be cr-crazy not t-to." his mother winked and snapped her fingers, walking out of his room.

for the rest of the evening the tiny boy scribbled in his lavender journal, staring out his window searching for josh. how long did it take to get home from real school anyway?

soon enough, little tyler put down his journal, catching sight of josh's motorcycle pulling into the neighboring driveway. the small boy jumped up from the window seat and scurried over to his mirror, making sure he still looked pretty.

the bell rang and he jumped, always startled by loud noises. "hello, joshua. tyler is upstairs in his room. you're welcome to head up there, dinner will be ready soon," he heard his mother's muffled voice greeting josh.

tyler grabbed his journal and plopped down on his bed, attempting to look casual as he heard heavy footsteps ascending the stairs.

"hey, sweetness."

the freckled boy looked up, blushing at the new pet name. "hi j-joshie," he spoke quietly as usual. the older boy sat next to tyler on his bed, peering over to look at his journal.

"h-hey! this i-is private s-stuff mi-mister," the tan boy giggled, holding his journal close to his chest.

"come on, ladybug. please?" josh was great at convincing tyler, especially when he called him pretty names. with a soft sigh the small boy reluctantly handed over his precious journal.

as the pale boy opened it, tyler's mother opened the door. "dinner's ready," she chirped happily and the boys nodded, tyler happily taking the journal from josh and stuffing it in his drawer.

the tall boy smirked and walked downstairs, tyler following behind him. as they entered the dining room, a grand smell wafted their way.

"that smells wonderful, mrs. joseph," josh complemented as he pulled out the younger boys chair for him. kelly smiled at josh's politeness and placed the dishes on the table.

"thank you, dear, but what did i tell you? call me kelly."

josh nodded and they all sat around the table as kelly served tyler the tiniest pot-pie. the older boy smiled at that and tyler blushed.

"so, joshua, tell me about your parents."

the small boy turned to josh and watched as his grip on his fork tightened.

"u-um momma, m-maybe ch-change the subject."

💫⭐💫

ahh, i finally updated. guys, i don't even have an excuse this time so get mad at me all you want lol. i hope you enjoyed this short piece, it's probably bad because i typed it up on my tablet rip.

eat enough, don't do drugs, and

stay twisted,

|-/ shy