Chapter 1

I ran and ran.
I was trying my hardest. I was nearly there. That's where I was in the clear zone. That's where I could kill the undead monster. He's followed me everyday and every night. He never rests, he's like my personal stalker. If I'm surrounded by humans and animals it travels above me. I gave it it's chance, now I'll kill it. I whispered a few chants hopping that what I've been trying to deceive the demon works.

The monstrosity way trapped in a colourless box, that shrunk until it crushed the last of its life out.

"Looks like you don't need my help."

I glanced behind hind to stare right into the eyes I loved the most. Yato. His sky blue orbs stared at me in amusement.

"And why do you decide to come late when ever I fight?" I questioned irked at his stupid smirk.

He he grabbed my hand yanking it to his chest. I fought back to gain what was rightfully mine. He still seemed amused, although one emotion swam through his eyes for a second. I couldn't quite catch on to it.

"What's wrong with you?" I sighed.

"What's wrong with you?" He mimicked my voice.

"Nothing, just an annoying raven headed boy getting on my nerves." 

More snickers came from his perfect lips. I hit him so hard in the face, despite me loving his laugh. Oh his laugh, it makes my heart melt like caramel but harden when he stops. Only he has that affect on me.

I stayed staring at him a bit, captivated by his caring eyes. His eyes are the most beautiful thing about him. Beside his nicer personality.

I said he has a nicer personality, but he's got a horrid side to him.

He's a god of war. He once slaughtered hundreds of humans and shinkis. I'm not scared though. Besides, I'm more ruthless than him. He tried to grab my hand again, only to fail in shame.

"Come on. Yukine and Hiyori are probably wondering where we are."

Hiyori is a girl who's stuck in the near shore and the far shore. In other word, the life and after life. I pity her because she leaves her body with out even noticing it. Her being in between those two places make her a Phantom. Although, she's not evil. She a lot different from normal ones.

We fight Phantoms. In fact, I'm one as well. I'm more of the after life side though. I can even have my own shinki! But I choose to fight alone, if someone is killed then I would feel responsible for it. I'd feel like I had dragged them into it even though they did it of their free will.

I don't have anyone. I just travel with Yato who's a cheapskate sometime. He lives on some other high god's shrine. It makes sense though. If we were to sleep in a place that wasn't protected by good sprites or force field, we could be killed in our sleep. Yukine hates Yato for that, and that was only one of the reasons he hated him. Yukine does get a little perverted at times. I think when even peeked on Hiyori.

I don't know what he's done to me. He could have kissed me in my sleep for all I know.
Yato began dragging me too the shrine. There stood a tired Hiyori and Yuki. Yuki blushed and turned away from me as soon as I made I contact. I rolled my eyes at him sloppily.

He he was acting childish. How old is he? 12, 13, 14? I've forgotten. Although, he does act like a little brother. Even though he drives me crazy and I sometimes want to hurt him for being rude, I still care about him like he was my brother. Flesh and bones.