Chapter 4

Before long storm surrounded us. Eyes. They stared at us, we could feel it. The storm tried to hit is but fail since we in the God of Learning's shrine.

"Shinki!" Yato yelled over the screeching wind.

I was now hugging the air in the place where Yuki was. I knew I looked a bit silly so I dropped my arms with a saddened sigh. I stood up taking this opportunity to get my katana out. I slashed at the wind splitting it in half. There stood the ugly, green phantom. He roared and charged at me with all his might. But all I had to do is point my katana at him and he stopped. Everything. It was mind control.

I made it turn away and pester a different god. Behind me, Yato held Yukine in his hand. He could afford to break the shrine.

"Shinki" he said and Yuki appeared next to him in his original state.

"Are you two okay?" I asked.

But Yato didn't seem okay. He fell to the floor, red in the face. Shoot, he has a fever.

"Yuki, go get Hiyori" I urged.

He nodded hastily and ran off to find her. I laid Yato's head in my lap stroking his hair. He breathed heavily as if he was in pain.

"You don't have a fever, do you?" I questioned knowing the answer.

He shook his head before saying "the wind, it had poison in inside of it. It attacked my system."

"Do you think purifying you cuts will make it go?"

He stared at me and shrugged his shoulders. We waited for Hiyori and Yuki, eventually they showed up with a first aid kit. I stared at Hiyori, her face showed worry. She didn't want Yato to be hurt, you could see that clearly. She glanced at me, hate sparked threw each of her eyes.

"Can you get some purified water please?" I asked her kindly taking the first aid kit from her.

"Why don't you do it?" she spat. "You know what, stay away from him. It's your fault he's hurt! If you left us alone-."

"I wouldn't have found out that Yuki was my dead brother. That why I'm a phantom like you. I nearly drowned trying to save him. But I couldn't" I told her.

She scoffed cockily "some sister you are then."

"Don't talk to her like that!" Yato managed to get out.

I rushed to his side and tried to keep him quiet, even speaking can make the poison spread more. I continued to stroke his sweaty hair to confort him. He moaned in pain every so often making the guilt inside of Hiyori build. She reluctantly went to get the purified water and threw the cloth at me. I caught it with ease and dipped it in the water. I took off his jacket and scarf, dabbed on the spots where the cuts were while trying to sooth his pain with words. I finally finished purifying the top half of him. Now for the bottom half. I blushed deeply knowing what I'll have to face. If looking at his abs make me like this, what would happen if I saw...?

"Yato, please do the bottom half of you yourself. I don't want my innocents taken like that" I begged him.
A smirk appeared on his face and a snicker fell from his lips. I helped him up to the forest bit of the ground and sat by Hiyori.
"Why are you so jealous?" I questioned her.

A glare was given to me before she said "I'm in love with Yato." And with a lot of arrogance might I add.
I closed my eyes while a small smile appeared on my face. I shook my head at her stupidity.
"I think even Yuki has established that already" I told her "Am I right Yuki?"

He nodded his head and stared into the direction Yato was. Not long after, Yato appeared from the bush I placed him behind. He was healed and he stretched like nothing actually happened. I stood up and ran over to him, but Hiyori was already there hugging him. I chuckled a bit, Hiyori couldn't see that Yato was in love with me. She was too naïve.