Chapter 6

Yuki had huge blush on his face since Nora was practically inches away from his lips. Anger fumed from inside me. It could be the only source of energy making me move right now. A small innocent smile appeared on her pale face. Yato stood right next to me. She held her hands out. 

"He's not suitable Yato. You know it. Use me. Just say my name" she told him quietly. 

Yato looked at her emotionlessly. "Get away from Yuki" he spat. 

I began to to growl as she was suddenly on his back. 

"You know you can. Just say my name," she appeared in front of me and glared, "hurt him and I'll kill you. It's your fault he doesn't use me." 

Then she was gone. Yuki was still sat down by a tree tying I figure out what just happened. I gracefully jumped down and jogged towards him. 

"What did she say? You know what, don't tell me because what she says is a lie. The only thing about her that's real is the names all over her body" I told him. 

"Mizuki, I need to speak to you" Yato mumbled in my ear. 

He had already grabbed me by my arm and dragged me too a dark corner before I could respond. 

"What?" I asked giving glance at Yuki every so often. 

"I-I think there's a possibility your not human..." He said. 

"Of course not. I'm a phantom." 

"I don't think your a phantom either." 

I stared at him with a confused frown. "What do you think I am then?" 

"There's a possibility that your...a god. I mean you survived when you were trying to save Yuki. You even said you felt more closer to the spiritual side. So you must b-." 

I held my hand up to his face telling him to stop. He opened his mouth to speak again but I stopped him. "You might be right, I don't know. But Yuki's disappeared again so we'll talk more about this later."

I slid passed him and made my way to find Yuki. He was still thinking, walking with his hands in his pockets. I ran to catch up and placed a hand on his shoulder. I gave him a reassuring smile. He teared up and wrapped his arms around me crying into my shirt. I stroked his hair back comfortingly. I felt everyone of his hot tears soak through my shirt. 

"Shh" I cooed. I think I can relate to how he's feeling always being apart of the afterlife. He wasn't the nicest child when he was alive, but he certainly wasn't the most meanest. In fact, he cared for everyone in the family. 

Family. I wonder how they're doing? 

I heard Yuki's cries quieten down and his body began to go limb. I picked him up carefully making sure I didn't wake him up and jumped from rooftop to rooftop, until I made it back to the shrine.