Chapter 1

PERCY POV

The war wasn't going too great. At all

Me and Annabeth were the last ones left.

I'm not going to go into the horror of what happened to the rest of the Seven, but you wouldn't want to hear it anyways.

I cut down the rest of the monsters as a bone-chilling cackle tore through the air.

All the monsters had already been sent to Tartarus, so there was only one being this could be.

Gaea rose from the earth, right in between me and Annabeth. She apparently thought this would keep us from attacking.

"HA! You are the last of the puny demigods?! Your friends must have been very weak." She cackled.

Insult me? Who cares.

Insult my friends? You're dead.

I looked at Annabeth, and we had a silent conversation.

One...

Two...

Three!

We both charged, and struck Gaea together. She intercepted my attack, but she didn't get Annabeth's. I quickly lifted us off the ground, so she couldn't reform, and we attacked again. She didn't even have a chance to scream before she disintegrated.

The war was over.

♡~~❤~~~~~~🌷~~~~~~❤~~♡

The gods called us onto Olympus.  Me and my Wise girl bowed respectively.

"Since we know you will deny immortality," Zeus started, "We have decided to bless you instead. You will still be mortal, but you will be powerful mortals."

The blessings went like this:

Hestia-The ability to make fire

Hades-The ability to raise the dead

Demeter-The ability to make food out of thin air

Dionysus-(Something about being underage?) The ability to not get drunk (Not that we'd use it)

Athena- Superior intellect, rivaled by no one.

Apollo-The ability to heal with anything available

Artemis-The ability to shoot straight

Ares-The ability to master any weapon

Aphrodite-The ability to change our appearances

Posiden-Vapor travel and Annabeth now had my powers

Hera-Her blessing that she would leave us alone

Zeus-The ability of flight

We thanked the gods and left.

  ♡~~❤~~~~~~🌷~~~~~~❤~~♡  

Me and Annabeth were moving into the home the gods gave us, in a city called Gotham. They said there was already two heroes here, so we could relax. I was grateful, yes, but I heard of all the crime here. The gods had given us a mansion, so we were prime targets.

Two people can only do so much after all.

I got some stuff out of the moving van, and went upstairs. I could hear Annabeth grabbing some crates, then I heard something that made my blood run cold.

A gunshot.

And a scream.

I ran downstairs as fast as I could, almost tumbling down the stairs. When I got to the bottom, I saw a crazy-looking, green-haired man laughing at Annabeth, who was trying to stop the bleeding from the gunshot wound in her stomach. I'm pretty sure the sewers exploded everywhere nearby.

"Annabeth!" I yelled, causing Crazy to look at me.

"Well, would you lookee here, another brat maybe?" He cackled something that might have supposed to be scary, but I had heard Gaea's, so I just ran to Annabeth. Mr. Green (Hair) seemed surprised, but gathered himself.  "Is this your girlfriend? Maybe you'd like to die with her!" He laughed and put his gun to my head. I just sat there sobbing for Annabeth, because I knew her life was draining too fast. Unless I called Apollo, which I couldn't with Crazy, she was going to die within the minute. The man was about to pull the trigger and end my life as well, when an eerie cackle ran through the air. (A\N I consider scary different than eerie. To me, eerie is more of a bouncing around, high-pitched cackle than just plain scary laugh. Scary is more centralized, and just scares you by the proximity to insanity it is. Yes, I am a word nerd.) This seemed to scare Mr. Green-and-Crazy, because he removed the gun from my head and started to wave it around the room.

"Where are you little birdy?!" He called. 

Before he could do anything else, a small, brightly colored, figure jumped from the ceiling and knocked Mr. Green to the ground. The child(?) put handcuffs on Crazy and put his hand to his ear. 

"I found him, but he shot someone who really needs medical attention."

He waited a bit before talking again.

"I'll call an ambulance, the I'll meet you there.

"She won't make it.," I sobbed. The boy looked at me surprised. I continued, "she's already gone."

'Little birdy' put his hand back up to his ear. "An ambulance won't be needed anymore, she's gone." He said sullenly. He came over and gently placed a hand on my should, which was a little weird because he was standing while I was sitting with Annabeth's princess blonde curls in my lap.

"Seaweed Brain." She coughed out.

I looked up surprised, and saw Annabeth slowly open her eyes. The boy backed up a bit.

"Don't make too many mistakes." And she died for real this time, and I sobbed like there was no tomorrow. Because without Annabeth, there was no tomorrow. I'm pretty sure a sink exploded somewhere.

The child was about to leave when I called out to him. "Wait! What's you name?" I called.

"Robin." He replied, and left through the window.

I know they tried, but it wasn't enough. I looked at Annabeth's dull eyes, and decided that I would do my best to make it enough. I would become a superhero, and I won't make any mistakes. First thing, Bring Mr. Life-Ruin-er to the police station, because Robin forgot him when we were worrying about my Fiancee. 

Yes, we were engaged. We had both proposed to each other on our anniversary, also know as my birthday. We had decided that we would get married on her birthday, July 12. But that hadn't happened yet. 

I dropped 'Joker', as he kindly informed me, off at the police station, not letting them see me of course, and went back home. 

I decided that I couldn't live here anymore, so I gathered all our stuff, and sent it to the gods. I left a few things though, so it didn't make me seem guilty, and I vapor traveled to the demigod cemetery. I gave Annabeth a proper funeral, and left, to become a hero.

1047 rds

Thank you for reading! Vote, comment, and whatever else. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong. I try to do all my own art, so let me know how that is as well.

G.M.E.