Chapter 9

My brother's art!

Annabeth was in a meeting on Olympus, so the team and Percy were sitting in the kitchen, waiting for Megan and Percy to finish baking cookies, when Superman came in.

"Batman is busy so I'm giving you your mission today," He held up a picture of a guy. He had a sharp face, with slick black hair that seemed to be almost stuck to his head. The type of guy who you would think would be a vampire in a costume party, "You are going to capture this man. His name is Rooty McTooty-"

He was abruptly cut off by snickers from Kid Flash and Percy, which was cut off by Superboy glaring at the two.

"-and he is a serial killer. His most recent victims were Sally and Paul Blofis, and their 3 year old daughter is believed to have been taken by Rooty."

It was silent for a moment, and then there was a scream of despair that made everyone cover their ears, especially the Supers. The ground started to tremble, and the only one who had not fallen was Percy. She was floating, and they could hear the ocean going crazy. She stopped out of no where, and sunk to the floor while everyone else got up slowly.

"What was that?" 

Percy adopted a look of determination on her face, and stared straight at Superman, "When do we start?"

Superman left complaining about his ears, leaving the demigods with the team.

"Are you okay?" Robin asked Percy, seeing as she just had her little episode.

"Yeah, let's go get my little sister." She said, storming into the bioship, leaving an astounded team in her wake.

The ride was very awkward, to say the least, with everybody basically taking turns staring at Percy, who was sitting right by the door.

"Is she really your sister?" Artemis asked, tired of the silence.

"Yes."

"I thought you said you had no relations on Earth." 

"I did. They live on Olympus now."

"In the stories, your mother lives in New York though." Aqualad asked, expressing his confusion.

"She moved."

There was another awkward silence, as no one knew what to say. They obviously weren't getting anything out of Percy, and no one wanted to just ignore the elephant in the room.

"In Tartarus, when me and Annabeth were getting tortured, they were what kept me going insane." 

No one said anything, partly from shock, and partly from waiting for her to continue.

"Just about four years ago, when they told me they were about to have another child, I was so excited. They would have a normal child, one who they could see grow up, and my mom wouldn't have to worry about someone abusing her."

Gabe hadn't been the nicest of men after all. Artemis had been especially proud of her mom that day.

"And now they won't get to do that."

It was silent, until Kid Flash went in for an awkward comforting hug, followed by an equally awkward Aqualad, until everyone was sitting in a hug.

"We're here." Megan announced, slightly ruining the mood.

Everyone got up, and with Percy in the lead, headed out of the ship.

They walked up the warehouse, which had police surrounding it. They hid behind a nearby truck while Superboy used his super hearing to figure out what was going on.