Chapter 8

The team and the demigods were all chilling when Batman came in to announce their next mission.

"A group of thugs have threatened a charity gala billionaire Bruce Wayne is holding. I and Robin will be otherwise occupied, so you must guard the host and guests."

He walked out of the room dramatically, with his cape billowing behind him.

Kaldur began to assess the situation as leader, "We'll need outfits, and a way to so this without the thugs knowing our identities."

"Well," Annabeth started, "You guys can do secret stuff, like distracting the thugs, and spotting any weapons, while me and Percy take on anyone who makes a scene because we don't have identities to protect."

Kaldur thought over the plan, and eventually agreed.

"But you guys still need dresses." Kid Flash pointed out.

"Let's go shopping!" Percy cried, raising a wad of cash in her hand.

(Look in media for the girl's dresses, I'm bad at descriptions.)

"Why do you guys always strike the same pose? It's like magic." KF points out upon seeing the girls.

Percy got an evil smirk on her face, and turned to Annabeth,

"I mean it's crazy..."

"What?"

"We even finish each other's-"

"Sandwiches!"

"That's what I was gonna say!"

"I've never met someone-"

"Who thinks so much like me!"

The two girls broke into giggles, upon finishing their duet.

Most everybody else was sighing in annoyance, Megan looked slightly confused, not getting the refrence. She was wearing a short blue skirt with a white top and red outline. Artemis, on the other hand, was wearing a long green dress with a black jacket.

The terrible two were each wearing different styles. Percy had a medium blue dress with a leather belt, while Annabeth had a light gray top, with a long blue sparkled skirt, in remembrance of the friendly titan, who wanted to see the stars.

The boys, except Robin, were each wearing a regular tuxedo with ties that matched their costumes.

"I'll see you later then, I've got to go meet the Bat." The Boy Wonder said, leaving.

"Don't die!" Percy called after him.

"Thanks for having hope in me, see you later!" He responded, laughter in his voice.

The rest of the team was waiting for the signal to head out. It would be suspicious if they all came at once, so they would be leaving in smaller groups.

There was group one, Aqualad, Artemis, and Kid Flash. Group two, Miss Martian and Superboy. And the Dangerous Duo would be last.

Once everybody was there and mingling, they started the initiative.

Group one was patrolling the gardens, keeping an eye out while pretending to be a group of idiot kids.

Group two was watching the crowd, looking for any concealed weapons or sketchy characters.

However, group three was just having fun. Their job didn't come in until someone made a scene. Until then, they just mingled and tried to act natural.

Percy had gone to the punch bowl to get a drink for Annabeth, and check up on Superboy, who was nearby, when she heard a gross voice behind her.

"Hey baby, I couldn't help but notice you don't have a boyfriend with you tonight." The guy said, trying to be attractive.